Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 22, 2014, 02:34:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LEAVIN LAS VEGAS  (Read 4810 times)
Tevo

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2011, 05:18:20 PM »

I've been lucky enough not to have to use Good Sam's Roadside assistance in my travel trailer or my new to me bus, but I can't say enough good things about them based on my experience with them on a motorcycle trip. I suffered a flat tire up near the arctic circle in Canada and used my only tube repairing it. Then I got a second one about 100 miles from Whitehorse in the absolute middle of nowhere. No tube and it was torn so the patch wouldn't hold. I managed to get my wife on my GPS beacon and then a brief cell signal, and she called Good Sam for me. All she had were GPS coordinates and a vague location I was able to convey, and within 3 hours two eastern european guys with a pickup showed up saying Good Sam had sent them. I was simply amazed they went to such lengths to get me, and will be a customer for life.

1962 GM PD-4106
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2011, 05:25:28 PM »

I have incorporated several of these into my home security system.  Funny thing is they are portable and can be used on the bus as well. Grin

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2011, 05:43:48 PM »

You are never going to find a Road service that some one has not had a problem as far as Good Sams I had it for 1 year I got stuck on the beach in Texas I called they sent a 3/4 ton wrecker to pull me out that didn't happen lol so next day they sent a heavy duty wrecker for me he gets there and tells me I need to pay for extra service because I was more than 50 ft from a highway.

I called Good Sams because I never heard of such BS and the operator told me that was their policy read it and weep cost me 250.00 bucks for the tow driver to spool out 30 ft of extra cable that was the end of me and Good Sams never renewed by Good Sams card either and I only buy from Camping World when they sell for less than it cost them LOL  

Best advice for anybody is read the policy and know what it covers because when you need the service you may not have it,did I mention Good Sams sucks  

good luck
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 05:53:19 PM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
desi arnaz

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2011, 06:11:44 PM »

who in there right mind would drive a bus 50 feet into the sand?

thomas f  Bethlehem n.h
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2011, 06:25:51 PM »

Got news for you I do it all the time when the sand is wet the stuff is like driving on concrete but twice I got involved with fishing and forgot about the tide going out the sand dried and I was stuck I have been driving on sand my entire life stuck 2 times not bad for a guy that grew up on the coast huh

good luck
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 06:29:27 PM by luvrbus » Logged

boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2011, 06:28:38 PM »

The Way It Was.wmv

RnMAdventures

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2011, 06:38:42 PM »

You are never going to find a Road service that some one has not had a problem as far as Good Sams I had it for 1 year I got stuck on the beach in Texas

You got me curious, which beach were you on? Were you boondocking?

Mike & Rosemarie
1964 PD4106-2626
DD8v71 & Allison v730
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2011, 06:47:25 PM »

I just luuuv that video!! Wink

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2011, 06:50:23 PM »

I just luuuv that video!! Wink

Like the church lady sez Van-Man, "because you are soooooooooooo special."

BCO

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2011, 06:59:10 PM »

On the Gulf of Mexico in Texas between High Island and Bolivar then we took the bus over to Galveston on the ferry a couple of times a week free nice little ferry trip

good luck

desi arnaz

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2011, 07:02:14 PM »

keep in mind there was no disrespect meant. i would just never think of going anywhere near sand....

thomas f  Bethlehem n.h
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2011, 07:17:56 PM »

None taken Thomas but I park on the beach I don't like walking a 1/2 mile to fish lol

good luck

belfert

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2011, 07:44:45 PM »

Coach-Net's policy is you must be within 100 feet of a maintained road or in a commercial campground to get towed.  If you need winch out or extraction services to get onto the road they only cover two hours of winch out service.

If I break down on the Black Rock Playa I am out of luck, but I have known that all along.  On the Playa the best policy is not to try to move if it does rain.  It will usually dry out within hours.  If you try to move when it is wet you likely sink to your axles.  I have spent about 4 weeks on the Playa in September and it has never rained yet.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
thomasinnv
Derrick Thomas

I may be nuts, but only for buses

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2011, 08:43:50 PM »

Hey Clifford I do the same thing. If I don't know the beach I will walk it first to make sure there are no soft deep areas.

There are three kinds of people in this world....those that make things happen, those that watch things happen, and those that just wonder what the heck is happening. Which one are you?

1977 MCI Crusader MC-8
8V71N/740
95% converted (they're never really done, are they?)
Tevo

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2011, 09:02:40 PM »

I have spent about 4 weeks on the Playa in September and it has never rained yet.

It rained last year. Double rainbow and all.  Grin

1962 GM PD-4106
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: