Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 17, 2014, 12:34:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LEAVIN LAS VEGAS  (Read 4527 times)
pickpaul
New Bus Not

New Bus Not

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2011, 11:32:49 PM »

A double rainbow??? :-)

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/dcf83410c7/insane-double-rainbow-guy
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2011, 05:22:31 AM »

Clifford I fish the coast all the time when the surf drops.  The trout and reds get in there thick.  I wouldn't be scared to drive the bus on wet sand but I can't ever find it.  We go to San Luis Pass on the south tip of Galveston and I can barely get a 4 wheel drive Excursion onto the beach, with a running start.  Are there any rv parks left on Boliver after Ike?  My sister in-law evacuated from Boliver.  There was very little remaining upon her return, maybe a piling here and there.  Hollar if you know of a good rv park over there, maybe farther up to Crystal Beach.

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2011, 05:27:26 AM »

Man, I don't know what this guy was smokin, but I sure would like a bag of it for the weekend!

BCO

Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2011, 07:08:25 AM »

Oh my God!!!  Grin

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2011, 07:33:47 AM »

Wayne, they started rebuilding the coast there when the wind and rain stopped, the park at Crystal Beach never closed when I get into the reds I forget about the bus lol ,fwiw you can drive all over the beach from High Island to Gilchrist in a bus the county does a good job keeping it graded

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
blank

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2011, 07:59:53 AM »

I read it all, but have some questions...

Okay the road sucked, I get that. But how would bottoming out the suspension bend the air bag support?? Just trying to follow the chain of events here, hard to imagine bottoming wasnt considered when they built the Bus?

You said the Bus was heavy, care to share what its running??

Mine is not only going on a weight loss program, the conversion work will be considered with weight being the number one priority. Weight effects everything, load on structure, load your pushing up hill (makes heat, burns excess fuel), load your stopping, load the tires carry and make heat supporting, and loads over bumps. Balance falls in there somewhere too, fore and aft, port and starboard. Not good to put all your heavy crap on one side, lol.

I always considered road service as the last resort, I think they all suck. I keep them for backup and will only call when im out of options. Also probably good to play dumb, the more you tell em the worse it gets. You probably would have lucked out better saying you dont know whats wrong, looks like blown air bag, they woulda just sent a low boy, lol.
akbusguy2000

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2011, 09:03:25 AM »

Full explanation can be found here:

http://boxcarokie.com/2010/05/01/air-bag-project-2007/

tg
pabusnut

P8M4905A-333 former MK&O lines #731

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2011, 10:41:42 AM »

BCO,

There is a shop right there in El Reno that has been building stuff for my projects for years!

....But it is a little hard (or easy depending on your point of view) to get a factory tour!!! Grin Grin  It appears to be an extremely high security facility that provides work opportunities to convicted felons!! Shocked

They make heavy duty pallet racking for the US GOV't.  Too bad they can't do private work!

Steve Toomey
PAbusnut

Steve Toomey
PAbusnut
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: