Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
April 21, 2014, 07:16:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lets trade out  (Read 2195 times)
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2011, 04:51:53 AM »

WEll we just might turn out to be neighbors in five years.  We are lloming at NE Oklahoma, NW New Mexico and NE Arizona.  We had kicked around Alaska but I don't think my wife can hand;e the gloomy extended nights.  When we get cold gloomy days on end it depresses her.  It perks me up.  I love nothing more than a cold gray drizzling rainy day.  Big pot of Elk Chilli on the tove, maybe some of my chicken and dumplings and a fire int he fire place.  How can you not love that?  I just wish I had a fireplace in my bus.

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
dolson

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2011, 05:35:57 AM »

I live northeast of Tulsa about 50 miles at Grand Lake, I love it here in the winter. I look forward to seeing the leaves start falling in the fall and dread seeing them start to come back in the spring because I know that the heat is just around the corner.  We took the bus on our first major trip in July for a couple of weeks to the Big Horn mountains above Buffalo, WY. I think I am with wal1809 on this one,It was in the lower 40's in the mornings and the mid sixties in the afternoon, pretty hard to beat.  We spent the last day looking at property around the Buffalo area for a place to go in the summer to get out of the heat.  Only 57 here this morning so not complaining about that.

Doug Olson
Langley, OK
1992 MCI 102C3, 6V92, HT740
http://www.dwolson.com
bottomacher

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2011, 05:44:14 AM »

Face it folks, any place that has a perfect climate would become so crowded that you couldn't make a u-turn. That means expensive, too. Ever been to San Diego?
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2011, 05:49:27 AM »

I live northeast of Tulsa about 50 miles at Grand Lake, I love it here in the winter. I look forward to seeing the leaves start falling in the fall and dread seeing them start to come back in the spring because I know that the heat is just around the corner.  We took the bus on our first major trip in July for a couple of weeks to the Big Horn mountains above Buffalo, WY. I think I am with wal1809 on this one,It was in the lower 40's in the mornings and the mid sixties in the afternoon, pretty hard to beat.  We spent the last day looking at property around the Buffalo area for a place to go in the summer to get out of the heat.  Only 57 here this morning so not complaining about that.

I wish we would have taken the time to look at some properties when we were in Wyoming.  We both love the contry up there.  What I like is it is the least population of all the states.  I just can't take much more of the heat blasts down here.  Some folks just have no clue how bad it is when we get 105 degrees.  105 in Vegas is one thing.  105 on the coast is another.  That hot humid gulf in 105 just zaps you.  It is impossible to get out and do anything in that kind of humid heat.  I am telling you we are done.  I just have to put the time in.  If your going to mail me a letter it will be headed to some high country somewhere.

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
dolson

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2011, 06:04:20 AM »

Yes I agree about the population thing. I know that some parts of WY are filled with tourists, but at least where we were at we were about the only tourists around.  The wife grew up in buffalo and still has family and friends there and would really like to have a place there again.  When we left WY in july we came home through the black hills in SD. It was really pretty and nice climate but so many people that it was hard to feel relaxled, I was ready to get out of there after our three days.  We are planning to visit WY again next summer and look for property again that we can call a summer home in the future if we can manage to get away from the business.

Doug Olson
Langley, OK
1992 MCI 102C3, 6V92, HT740
http://www.dwolson.com
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2011, 06:24:07 AM »

I look at it this way 2 months of heat for 10 months of beautiful weather hard to beat lol it will be a high of 93 here to day and our ac won't even come on it will hit the high about 5 pm then start cooling down.
Spending 27 years in the Tulsa area you guys have April and  Oct our friends from Tulsa that come to visit make fun of the TV here because we have no warning signs on the bottom telling you to take cover  lol but if you want to live in OK it is one of the better places my wife could not live there the mold from the 50 inches of rain a year was tough on her worst than Houston

good luck
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 06:52:07 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2011, 07:14:38 AM »

I like the tropics!  Grin

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2011, 08:26:42 AM »

From driving cross country truck for 21 years, I've experienced everything from below freezing weather for days on end, to hot humid weather of the south during summer.  I can say without a shadow of a doubt, that I'll take the mild southern California weather all year long-even putting up with the craziness of living in Los Angeles.  I live 3 miles from Manhattan Beach, get an afternoon cool breeze (this summer, ran the room A/C about 2 weeks total), go walk on the beach, and feels like being on vacation all year long.  And without worrying about freezing weather, tornadoes, hurricanes, blizzards, etc.  I'll take the occasional earthquake anyday.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
technomadia

Zephyr - 1961 GM PD-4106-446

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2011, 08:38:36 AM »

We both love variety in climate and city size, thus why full-timing was the choice we made to prioritize in our lives. 

Although we don't always follow the ideal weather in our travels - example of spending this summer in Arizona in 105-127 degree temps working on our bus.   Smiley

It feels good to be in the 70s here in Hurricane, UT this week.. and who knows what next week and beyond holds for us.

- Cherie

Cherie and Chris / www.technomadia.com
Full-time 'Technomads' since 2006 (technology enabled nomads)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: