Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 19, 2014, 11:52:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lifting points on an 871  (Read 687 times)
DuaneMC7

Ignore
« on: October 10, 2006, 03:44:49 PM »

My engine and cradle are out of the bus and on my dolly. Now I need to lift my engine from the cradle and I need to know the lifting points for the 871. I do not see any lifting hooks on the engine so I need some help from the ones that have done this before.

Thanks, Duane

Remember, anythingís possible itís just iron, well, almost.
ChuckMC8

1977 MC8 and 1993 102C3 Temple Ga #322 F&AM

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 04:26:22 PM »

Duane, it sounds like your tranny is not attached.Assunimg thats the case,here's the deal on just the engine. Some had a lifting bracket on each head at the bellhousing end and others had 2 lift points on the bellhousing. The ones on the bellhousing attached under the power steering reservoir bracket (on your bus) and the corresponding place on the other side.
    There was/is another bracket at the pulley end of the engine that attached to the balance gear cover (the cover that includes the engine mount on that end)
    I would try to have 3 points of connection if possible. ( 2 a the bellhousing end and the one at the front) HTH Chuck

Far better is it to dare mighty things,to win glorious triumphs,even though they may be checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much,because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.  Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)
DuaneMC7

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 04:42:15 PM »

Thanks Chuck, that helps alot! Grin

Duane

Remember, anythingís possible itís just iron, well, almost.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: