Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 24, 2014, 12:22:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Truckers are certainly not what we used to be.  (Read 4176 times)
ArtGill

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2011, 04:41:09 PM »

I think drivers should have to sit down once a year and watch an half hour program on their computer to renew your drivers license.  Pilots have to have a biannual review ever two years to be clear to fly.  This biannual covers changes in regulations and then check your flying skills.  I know this would never pass, but everyday I see drivers doing things because of the apparent lack of knowledge of proper procedures.

Yea, I dream a lot.

Art

Art & Cheryll Gill
Morehead City, NC
1989 Eagle Model 20 NJT, 6v92ta
blank

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2011, 06:16:36 PM »

Like I said, special endorsement for freeway/divided highway, special plates, and I would go along with some kind of driving review, though were not flying, 4 to maybe 8 years should be sufficient for that endorsement and should be able to be signed off by any licensed driving instructor. Regular dummy license without freeway endorsement shouldnt need review.

Seriously, there is no testing for freeway driving in any state that I know of, and that is rediculous.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 06:21:43 PM by artvonne » Logged
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2011, 06:38:38 PM »

Like I said, special endorsement for freeway/divided highway, special plates, and I would go along with some kind of driving review, though were not flying, 4 to maybe 8 years should be sufficient for that endorsement and should be able to be signed off by any licensed driving instructor. Regular dummy license without freeway endorsement shouldnt need review.

Seriously, there is no testing for freeway driving in any state that I know of, and that is rediculous.

Yup, and that simply means more government intervention Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes. You will never fix stupid people and dumb actions. Just won't happen.

(The purpose of this comment is NOT to start a political debate, folks).

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
prevosman

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2011, 04:23:55 AM »

Yup, and that simply means more government intervention Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes. You will never fix stupid people and dumb actions. Just won't happen.

(The purpose of this comment is NOT to start a political debate, folks).

John

John has hit upon my problem. As an pilot with an air transport rating I pride myself on two things which I bring to my driving.....the ability to look ahead, and driving with precision. Call it ego, call it OCD, but I feel since I have a Class A license I should actually drive like I do.

So I try to anticipate what others are doing and make adjustments to my driving to enable things to happen with the least disruption to me and other drivers. It can be as simple as moving over so a car or truck can merge, or it can be speeding up when passing so I can get out of someone's way.

So I admit to being a little more than irked when other drivers are oblivious to the world around them and how other drivers are inconvenienced or exposed to risk just because their brain was on cruise control. What I have considered inattention is likely stupidity.

Jon Wehrenberg
Knoxville TN
1997 Prevost Liberty
pipopak

I am the 99%

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2011, 08:35:18 AM »

(dreaming) issue driver's licenses matching the skill level you have. Good drivers get to drive the bigger toys, and down the scale until we go to the low end where the inepts just are allowed to drive a small harmless piece of road tin. If they screw up they get run over and turned into a harmless splat on the road. That would be natural selection, and a great motivation to improve.

Linux, when Windoze just will not measure up.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: