Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 23, 2014, 06:39:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling my Eagle  (Read 2633 times)
Torquester

Ignore
« on: September 20, 2011, 06:29:34 PM »

Hey guys and gals,

I haven’t been on here in quite some time as a posting member but I have been consistently lurking. I am going to list my bus for sale and I would like your opinions as to what it is worth. Some of you have seen this unit, many have not. I am requesting your honest opinions as to what I should ask for it in today’s market. Here are the details;

1974 Silver Eagle custom motor coach (this was a frame up restoration)
Caterpillar 3406B 4 cycle diesel engine 425 hp 1560 ft lbs torque (mechanical engine with Jacobs brakes)
Allison HT740 4 speed automatic transmission
Hydraulic power steering
Electric windshield wipers
Ramco electric remote control rear view mirrors
Aquahot diesel fired boiler (3 zone interior + bay heat)
2) Cruisair 14000 btu air conditioners (2 zones)
Tankage: 200 fresh. 120 grey, 66 black (heated bays) separate black and grey vents
Onan 10KW quiet diesel generator
Alcoa aluminum wheels
Goodyear G159 tires @ 90+ %
Vanner 1000W emergency vehicle inverter
Iota 75A charger
Automatic transfer switch
4) 8D AGM house batteries
10” roof raise
R&M front and rear caps with rear camera
Café bay doors
Hehr sliding windows
Winegard batwing antenna
Rear ladder to roof
RV title, South Dakota, Clear, in hand
R&M custom dash with electronic gages
Painless Wiring 12V all new chassis wiring include bulbs, fixtures, lenses, bezels and fixtures
Imron single stage paint
Tilt-telescope steering column
Sealand china toilet
Receiver hitch

Torquester
1974 Silver Eagle, 3406 Caterpillar, South Dakota
morefire

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 06:45:02 PM »

You should probably post about 20 or so good pictures of it...

David G
Toronto, Ontario
2009 Bluebird 40' Coach
Cummins ISX-675HP!!
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 07:10:48 PM »

http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee206/torquester/

Last time I saw it I was in awe! It's a great piece of work. That was several years ago, and I don't know what he's done since, but the work I saw was first rate!
Someone's going to get one incredible bus!

Tim is a true craftsman, and it makes me sad to see him selling his beautiful bus, but I hope that means he's starting another, or moving on to something else with just as
much passion. 

craig

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
Torquester

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 07:21:52 PM »

Thanks Craig, Very kind words. If you folks look at the link in Craig's reply there are over 500 pictures. Please help me price this thing to sell. Thanks
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 07:23:25 PM by Torquester » Logged

Torquester
1974 Silver Eagle, 3406 Caterpillar, South Dakota
Scott Bennett
Scott & Heather MCI-9

Scott & Heather

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 07:30:21 PM »

Tim,

How tall is the coach? Is it under 13 ft. ground to roof?

Scott & Heather
1984 MCI9 6V92-turbo with 9 inch roof raise & conversion in progress.
http://www.scottmichaelbennett.com/p/our-bus.html
˙ǝɯoɔlǝʍ suoıʇɐuop ˙snq ʍǝu ɐ pǝǝu ʎlqɐqoɹd ll,ǝʍ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 07:43:58 PM »

Merlin's 07 in Medford Or was for sale at 60,000 with a slide I don't know if he sold it or not but it's on the Medford Craig List take a peek Dee brown has Davids model 10 with slide listed at 93,000 but hasn't any luck, then Judy sold Gordan's 07 for 60,000 there has been some nice Eagles sold lately  because the owners passed away, the one in OR with the 3406 Cat and slide they were asking 120,000 some guy in Tenn bought it right 65,000
You can list it on the Eagles board for free there is always some lookers for Eagles there,are you still in Colorado ? I feel for you selling in todays market Merlin had a 1/2 mil in his Eagle and is asking 60,000 and that is some bus there but that will give some idea about what to ask    

good luck  

Life is short drink the good wine first
azdieselman

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 08:07:55 PM »

I'm actively looking for an Eagle, I check C/L often. I have a line on a bus, but I haven't seen it yet due to scheduling conflicts. I'm still open to any buses, so please post them when available.

1980 Mod 10
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2011, 01:03:31 AM »

Just had a look at the photos - super high quality work. Got to be one of the nicest buses built by a member here. Can't help with a valuation, but given the work that's gone into it it's bound to be a bargain for the buyer (and a loss for you, sadly).

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
grantgoold

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 06:49:02 AM »

Looking at the pictures, the craftsmanship is unmatched! What an awesome coach. Wow!

Given the market I would have to say no more than $10 or $15 bucks! Grin Grin

I have already sent payment via paypal. Let me know when I can pick it up! Roll Eyes Grin Shocked

Seriously, someone is going to get a beautiful bus! 

Timelines, location and such might factor into the sale.

I know of a 1988 Prevost-Marathon that is available for $35-$40 K

Sorry to see it go!

Grant Goold
1984 MCI 9
Way in Over My Head!
Citrus Heights, California
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2011, 07:47:40 AM »

That 3406B Cat engine is what I believe to be the most reliable engine ever built.  After owning 8V-92TA, 6V-92TA, and now a 8V-71TATAAC engine, I know this to be true since my truck conversion also has a 3406B jacket water aftercooled model (400hp). The only time these engines don't run is if they aren't getting fuel, or if something mechanically breaks.  No complicated overhead injection system to adjust (simple valve train)-just adjust the valves every 100,000miles; roll in bearings every 500,000mi and replace the water pump, thermostat, injector tips, adjust injection advance also then-that's it! Overhaul at 1,000,000 miles.

As compared to the 2 strokes suggested maintenance schedule- every 100,000miles adjust the injection rack and valves; at every 200,000 miles roll in new main and rod bearings; at every 300,000 miles rebuild the blower, turbo, and pull injectors for spray pattern check-possibly injector tip replacement.  Plus all the leaks that appear over time!  Overhaul at 500,000 miles.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2011, 08:15:49 AM »

Outstanding well thought out piece of work!!  I can especially appreciate the access panel for the back up camera.  I just went through that crap and I don't want to do it again.  Again that is a nice ride.  I can clearly see I bought way too soon or else I would be all over that Eagle.

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2011, 08:29:03 AM »

I do no know what the market value is right now.  On a recent trip, I saw an Eagle that I had seen for sale a year earlier in Utah.  The story is that it was rebuilt from the ground up at a cost of around a million.  It also had a slide.  The guy said he bought it for $45,000.  It would be important to note though that the seller was not the original owner. 

You don't have to believe everything you think.
muddog16
Example is more powerful than reproach. ~Aesop

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2011, 09:42:34 AM »

Hi Tim!  This is one of those quality builds, I watched Tim for years. One of the three reasons I started on a bus was because of the work Tim, Eric and Gumpy have done converting their buses.  Good luck Tim that is one of the top buses ever converted!

Nothing against Prevost, but if i was choosing between Tim's and that Custom built.......Tim win's hands down!   
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 09:52:05 AM by muddog16 » Logged

Pat

1982 Prevost LeMirage
8V92TA/HT754

http://prevostlemirage.blogspot.com/
Ericbsc

73 05

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2011, 11:26:59 AM »

I have watched this build for probably as long as I have been building my bus. Great work!!! I don't know if I could part with it after all that. A guy in Arcadia was ready to trade  his 1992 Liberty Prevost for my 1973 Eagle, but I couldn't do it. Im probably an idiot but when put the time in a bus like Tim's you know what you have and can work on anything on it if needed!!! DONT SELL YOU HAVE A ONE OF A KIND BIRD!! LOL
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2011, 11:43:11 AM »

We each have our own path but I too would have trouble selling that sweet ride.

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: