Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
April 18, 2014, 07:00:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cabinet above driver in an H3-41  (Read 1164 times)
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« on: October 10, 2006, 07:36:24 PM »

The last time I mentioned what I was going to do with the cabinet, I got flamed pretty good for blocking those beautiful windows.

I finally got it installed today, and here is a picture of it.  It really does not detract from the view, especially while seated, and it sure provides a lot of nice and handy storage space.  Thats a center channel speaker in the middle for my surround sound.  Doors will come later.

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 07:41:15 PM »

Nice Job Jim,

You have my approval....... Not that it matters. LOL

Keep up the great work Jim.  I'd love to see it in person some day.

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Beatenbo

1993 MCI 102 C3 Cat Power

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 09:36:59 PM »

Jim those windows are great. Sometimes tho I wish I had less glass in my 102C3 when that sun comes burning in. Those cubbies and cabinet come in handy. I still got some trim to work on mine.
gr8njt

MCI-9 Crusader II

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 04:20:07 AM »

Jim, good cabinetry skills! That's the beauty of a Bus Conversion VS traditional RVs.
As the owner/converter, you can do anything that satisfies your own personal tastes.
I for one prefer less glass for more privacy as shown with my TV placement.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 04:22:51 AM by gr8njt » Logged

****1982 MCI-9 Crusader-II Bus Conversion****
R&M 102 C-3 style Front & Rear cap with louver kit
smooth side kit, dash-board kit, one piece siding
H3Jim

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2006, 07:19:32 AM »

Wow, some very nice work there Beatenbo and gr8njt.   love those TV's.

Nick, It'd be great to visit someday and compare notes and buses.  I may be headed back east next spring / summer

Jim Stewart

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2006, 12:48:57 PM »

Nice cabinetry guys!

My response to those who don't like my plans for my bus is that their project funding is no longer required.  Grin

That used to be a safe resopnse, but after Timmonsville, my wife is taking more interest in the bus, so that answer may not be used like it once was.   Cry

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Rich (Prevost)

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2006, 09:29:00 AM »

Awesome Jim..............You will really enjoy the storage etc...........and not really miss the little bit of obstructed view.......

Rich Luttfring
Prevost Car, TN
Ace

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2006, 10:38:31 AM »

Jim, nice cabinet and as you know I haven't gotten that far yet but getting close! My question is, after looking at what you did, is there a need to "duck" going in or out? Not sure how tall you are and I was just curious due to the configuration of the original plastic cabinet that is in my coach now. I figured they cut it out in the center for a reason and thought that reason may be to eliminate head bumps! It (yours)  may be far enough ahead that it doesn't interfere with the head, but like I said, I haven't gotten there yet! I can see where you put it very plain and will look at that in mine as they should be the same or close anyway!

Thanks...

Ace
H3Jim

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2006, 12:30:51 PM »

I'm a little over 5' 11" and I don't need to duck.  If I was flying down the stairs and going forward a ways before stepping down, I would hit, but its not even noticeable for me walking up and down normally. I don't really need to pay it any attention.  I got some of the Provost crunch nuts and put them in the steel cross beam that's directly above the vertical piece.

I then put 4 straps holding the rear side, they go from the steel beam overhead down to the horizontal board where they are carriage bolted to the strap.   I can hang off it, and it doesn't groan or creak or move even a little bit. 

Right now the only thing holding the front are the two nose pieces that I bolted to the vertical fiberglass piece between the windshields.  I have 4 of the crunch bolts on each side above the windshields that I will make straps to bolt the front to.

That speaker is the center channel for the surround sound, and its all bolted in.

I will be putting the stock electric blinds on the bottom of the cabinet, they will then go lower than the stock configuration, for a little more privacy too.  I may try to hang either an LCD TV or a screen for  projection TV on the bottom of the cabinet too.  The inside has enough storage for all my bus parts and conversion books.

When you get to it, I can send you more detail pictures, just let me know when you want them.

ps, the front of that cabinet is solid cherry, the horizontal is cherry plywood.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 12:32:27 PM by H3Jim » Logged

Jim Stewart

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: