Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
April 21, 2014, 04:51:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BUS NUT Q&A  (Read 4091 times)
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2011, 07:27:57 AM »

BCO, you just keep on typing!

Thanks.

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Every one is entitled to their opinion, I have mine, and that is you are one of the GOOD GUYS Don! Keep on keeping on! "Nuff said"

Happy days!
   Van

« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 07:39:16 AM by van » Logged

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2011, 09:09:22 AM »

For the life of me I cannot understand what is so important with the views and replies on these post,just keep doing your thing Don some of your post I enjoy reading some I don't real simple process for me.

I understand where the guys are coming from the BNO got to be a mess with all BS about nothing Ian changed that now but I think it cost him waiting so long  you go to the search function there now and type in penguin lol  and the mod's are trying their best to keep that from happening here.

Then I understand your point of view you spend time doing your writings for people to enjoy to have those moved,we have the same thing on the Eagles board now they didn't want your stories posted then the one about hemorrhoids or what ever stayed, now we have one about a 10k run and that is ok by me because it is for a cause but as they say on Fox New let's be fair and balanced about this lol some take life and these boards way to serious.

The only time I get upset with you is when you start bashing the Eagle club because of the few you have trouble with and I am proud of you that doesn't happen here now so keep on with what you do best and what makes you and others happy and let the chips fall were ever there is no way you are going to please everyone why worry about it  

I am off my box now and back to shop

good luck
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 09:37:34 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2011, 11:06:21 AM »

Don,  first I will say that like Clifford and others, some of your stories I enjoy, some just aren't for me.  No problem, that is entirely natural.  Different strokes, different folks. 

As I have told you before, your posts are welcome in the BCM forum, and neither I nor the moderating team have a problem with link backs to your site.  But they do need to be in the right board.  If it really is bus or bus life related then by all means, it can be on the main board, other wise it really does need to be in the Off Topics board. 

BUT, without any disrespect to your writings, I feel that it is necessary to point out that to be bus or bus life related, it really needs to be about buses or bus life.  It can't just unrelatedly mention a bus and then the whole rest of it be non-bus. 

I realize that can be a fine line since many of us tend to rebuild most of our life around our buses.  A trip to the grocery store can suddenly be about buses because "there is a Harbor Freight down the block and I need a new rivet gun".  But you are an intelligent man and with an understanding of the intent of the main board vs. Off Topic board you will know where each story needs to be.

Clifford nailed it on the head (like he generally does).  The moderating team does not want to see the main board fall into the kind of off-topic chaos that truly does offend some of the members and it impacts search results for the newbies trying to find information. 

It got bad here once, and that is why the Off-Topic board exists.  We all saw the struggle our friends at BNO just went through with off-topics and Ian chose to take a similar approach.  I think there is a strong affirmation in that all the major forums and groups have had to either banish any off topic posts or create a separate board for them.

Last point, and it is an important one.  Paul is not acting alone in moving your posts or in removing a couple lines from your post today.  He has done so with the knowledge and support of the moderating team and enforcing the rules and guidelines that are designed to keep this a great place for everyone to enjoy.  Any Moderator can act on posts, but then we have a backroom where the team discusses actions taken and if further action or remedial action is needed, then it is handled.

Yes, Paul has taken most of the actions.  He is simply the one that has had the most time of the forum lately.  I know there is a history carrying over from conflicts on the Eagle forum.  But that is not at play here.  With only a couple exceptions you have done well at leaving that baggage outside when you come in here.  Paul has done the same.

In closing, I hope you stay and continue entertaining and invoking thought here.  But please do keep the intent of the boards in mind when selecting which one each post goes on.  And like we ask of everyone, please don't pee in the pool.  Wink  (a.k.a. don't pollute the community with infighting and hostility)  Let's just get back to enjoying the pleasures of being bus nuts among friends who understand our passion for buses.

Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2011, 01:01:42 PM »

Don,

The reason why I posted the topic explaining Off Topic and Bus Discussion was in relation to a post made by another member. The topic he posted was not bus related at all and I moved it. It was to help keep the main bus board on target. Frankly I had not even thought of you when I wrote it. I had hoped it would be taken as a general statement to everyone, especially New Members. It is one of the things us moderators have to do from time to time. No member is favored over another.

(http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=21683.0)

I think Mike has said it in a better way than I could have.

Keep writing Don, you have a great talent.  Cool

Paul

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2011, 02:14:17 PM »

As with all things, there is always a natural progression, in the military it is called “The Chain of Command” (I read all about it on a bus once ... that should cover the bus issue of all this).  So one more time, I will run it up the flagpole, you can salute it or not.

People here are really good at missing the point.  The point was not the posts being moved, it was the whining about it and then singling me out and pointing me towards the Off Topic verbiage to begin with.  That has been conveniently edited out by Mr. Lawry, that offender is now nowhere to be seen.

I put up a post, Len interjects a comment to the effect about it being political in nature, and says, “here comes off topic for sure” and the next day ... bingo.  It is in off topic.  I make a remark about it in the comments and then the Lawry Off Topic post goes up.  Then Mr. Lostagainwhatever his name is, asks me to link to Lawry’s post.

Seemed to me at that point in the game that I was being singled out as some kind of All Topic’s offender or something.  Now Mike, here is the edited out bottom line, I come on here and find some guy who cannot even put a sentence together or half-way spell most of it when he does, telling me where to go.  

Now Lawry is back pedaling about it being someone else (most likely to be named at a later date), kind of like the old Internet Bully Gambit, as I remember, it was a total mystery and a big hit too.

Well now today the powers that be, and Clifford, take time to show me where I am on the food chain.  Lawry went into the post and cut some of it out and edited it.  They collectively seem to believe I was irritated because of the moving of some posts, which is not the case at all.  I was irritated because they were singling me out as some kind of big offender (as I saw it) and that kind of got me irritated to some extent.  

Plus all the whining about it.  

All this useless crap goes up in All Topics every day of the week, but mine has to be letter perfect and to the T?  ...  It is all BS, and I can lay you even money there is a post on there right now, that it isn't about buses and it is not being made into a federal case or being moved. Not that I do not hold any sympathy for the person who put it up, I do, but he is the most recent one I can think of.  

Just like Clifford pointed out, there was a lot of flack at EI about posting off topic (in my case) and then after I leave they post about everything under the sun EXCEPT buses.  They are still doing it, but if that is their bag, then I say let ‘em have it.  Mike you asked me to not mention them again, and I kept my end of the bargain about it.  

We seem to be really covering our hinny's on this one aren't we?  Big team effort ... So boys, spin it anyway you want. Frankly I just don’t see it myself.  As I am not into majoring in minor things, I am allowing this to wither on the vine. Realistically, what other choice do I have?  I don't have unrealistic expectations about BCM but at the very least, I always thought it might kind of be "fair" but it appears I was in error.

Now everyone form a moderator committee and give yourself a big group hug and then feel free to hack this up, delete it or any other thing that rows your collective boat.  Unlike some “I don’t have to be right to be happy in life.”  It won't upset me in the least.

Oh well, you win a few and you lose a few, and some of them mothers, they just burn to the ground.  So ... See you on the boulevard ... try and stay outta my blind spot.

BCO
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 02:24:31 PM by boxcarOkie » Logged

boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2011, 02:22:15 PM »

Don,

The reason why I posted the topic explaining Off Topic and Bus Discussion was in relation to a post made by another member.
Paul

Oh I was unaware of that, please post a link to this offending person and the post in question, so that we might see what all the flap was about Paul.  That I think would clear the air on a lot of this, don't you agree?

BCO

Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2011, 03:52:06 PM »

No problem Don, here it is the Post I moved.

http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=21682.0

Here is the Off Topic Bus Discussion Post. Note the dates are the same.

http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=21683.0

Don, I hope this clears it up for you.

Paul

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2011, 03:58:50 PM »

No problem Don, here it is the Post I moved.

Don, I hope this clears it up for you.

Paul

Works for me, thanks.  Have a good weekend.

BCO

Lonnie time to go
Lonnie

Saginaw, Michgan

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2011, 05:12:17 PM »

edit
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 10:34:06 AM by Lonnie time to go » Logged

1976 4905
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2011, 05:17:10 PM »

Hummmm maybe time to call in the dogs and pi** on the fire on this one

Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2011, 05:26:29 PM »

Uh Huh! innocent as a new born babe>Sad wanna try again? Baiting? or are we all guilty as sin. You figure it out! as oakie say's "Stick a fork in me, I'm Done!!

Sorry guys

Van
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 05:35:06 PM by van » Logged

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
Lonnie time to go
Lonnie

Saginaw, Michgan

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2011, 05:57:05 PM »

edit

« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 10:33:31 AM by Lonnie time to go » Logged

1976 4905
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2011, 05:59:47 PM »

Van, are rare,medium,medium well,done, or well done

Dallas I left your beer on the front step I got tired of holding it

good luck
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 06:31:33 PM by luvrbus » Logged

Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2011, 06:39:26 PM »

Van, are rare,medium,medium well,done, or well done

Dallas I left your beer on the front step I got tired of holding it

good luck

Medium for me please!

Wow sometimes I don't miss what I miss! Wink
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Scott Bennett
Scott & Heather MCI-9

Scott & Heather

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2011, 05:06:33 PM »

Hey, just maybe he hasn't left  Smiley

Name:   boxcarOkie
Position:   Hero Member
Date Registered:   May 19, 2009, 06:45:11 PM
Last Active:   Today (Oct. 4) at 07:08:43 PM
Ignored by:   5 members
Local Time:   October 04, 2011, 07:59:16 PM
Signature: Checked out - Disinclined Recluse

Us busnuts have to stick together Smiley Hope you reconsider BCO. I've been a member of a specific car forum since 2001 and have had various gentle headbumps, (so gentle they didn't even hurt) but it's the internet. I'll likely never meet half the people I come into "virtual" contact with here...so I really try to take my real relationships and friendships with my physical loved ones a little more seriously than I do the internet ones.  Smiley

Scott & Heather
1984 MCI9 6V92-turbo with 9 inch roof raise & conversion in progress.
http://www.scottmichaelbennett.com/p/our-bus.html
˙ǝɯoɔlǝʍ suoıʇɐuop ˙snq ʍǝu ɐ pǝǝu ʎlqɐqoɹd ll,ǝʍ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: