Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 22, 2014, 10:12:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BUS NUT Q&A  (Read 4364 times)
Road Dawg

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2011, 06:09:08 PM »

Hey, just maybe he hasn't left  Smiley

I talked to him today (via email) and he seemed pretty set in his decision to leave.  I would not look for his return any time soon.  At least that is my take on all of this.  Personally, I would like to see hi m come back he was an interesting kind of guy.

rtm
Scott Bennett
Scott & Heather MCI-9

Scott & Heather

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2011, 06:18:33 PM »

And he had some great ideas on bus stuff too...but, to each his own... Undecided

Scott & Heather
1984 MCI9 6V92-turbo with 9 inch roof raise & conversion in progress.
http://www.scottmichaelbennett.com/p/our-bus.html
˙ǝɯoɔlǝʍ suoıʇɐuop ˙snq ʍǝu ɐ pǝǝu ʎlqɐqoɹd ll,ǝʍ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2011, 07:06:32 PM »

This isn't my first rodeo as far as blogs go. I really do enjoy Don and his posts and actually get them from him regardless of this forum and sure hope to continue such. It's strange how folks take issues over petty stuff over an internet forum and I am guilty as charged myself. The truth be told most of us would never intend such directly face to face. But it is what it is. I even remember a motorcycle forum I was on that a certain individual had several alias's and would post using various names to back himself up. Sad but true. I come here to learn and offer some input when I feel qualified but as with most forums I have grown to be wary of offering to much advise not wanting to get flamed by certain individuals. Thicker skin, cheaper diesel and free tires would sure make it easier around here!! Grin Grin Sure hope Don changes his mind.

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2011, 08:05:53 PM »

This isn't my first rodeo as far as blogs go. I really do enjoy Don and his posts and actually get them from him regardless of this forum and sure hope to continue such. It's strange how folks take issues over petty stuff over an internet forum and I am guilty as charged myself. The truth be told most of us would never intend such directly face to face. But it is what it is. I even remember a motorcycle forum I was on that a certain individual had several alias's and would post using various names to back himself up. Sad but true. I come here to learn and offer some input when I feel qualified but as with most forums I have grown to be wary of offering to much advise not wanting to get flamed by certain individuals. Thicker skin, cheaper diesel and free tires would sure make it easier around here!! Grin Grin Sure hope Don changes his mind.

So true!

Now this part I couldn't help but laugh and poke @ !
"I even remember a motorcycle forum I was on that a certain individual had several alias's and would post using various names to back himself up. Sad but true."

Wow 1st time I ever heard of having their own MC club! (especially a cyber one @ that LOL!)
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2011, 02:26:36 AM »

Nice to discover I have been missed.  Every now and then, I will come over here and “look around.”  No big deal, also I might add at this time, that I seem to be doing it less and less these days.  And that is a good thing, as I understand it.  Today I celebrate my first whole week of being BCM impaired, and I seemed to have survived it and feel just swell.  (If anyone cares.)  I also feel or understand that I'm under a lot of pressure to respond to certain statements made about me recently.

The following are my uncensored thoughts. I hope this will put an end to any further speculation.

I believe that consciousness creates the illusion of individuation, the false feeling of being separate. In other words, I am aware, that in my particular way of thinking I am alone at times. I have no axe to grind, nor do I seek or solicit unwarranted criticism.  I further believe that this existential misunderstanding of my goals or thinking is the prime motivating force for the neurotic who also hang out here and their compulsion to blot out my consciousness and/or opinion.  

But that is another post altogether.

This might explain the paradox of our culture, which celebrates the ego while simultaneously promoting its evisceration with drugs and alcohol. It also clarifies our deep-seated fear of monolithic, one-minded systems like communism, religious fundamentalism, zombies and a few random internet sites, which will remain un-named at this point in time. (As I understand it, these are topics that are taboo ... So I won’t bring them up)  

So I am weaning myself off of internet sites. (Hello, my name is Don.  I am an internet bus junkie) My very own 12 step program to good mental health, no more bus boards.  Some of us are geared for it and some of us are not.  I suppose I identify with the latter.  

Internet sites which I find are somewhat like a dark echo of a state of unifying transcendence from which consciousness must flee.  One thing has become apparent to me personally this week is this:  “When things no longer seem humorous, and your only desire is to lash out instead of poke fun at the sublime and ridiculous, then it is time to depart.”  This is why I have decided to work on my webpage (www.boxcarokie.com) and leave the rest of this alone.  It was apparent to me that something had to give, unfortunately, it was me.  

In hindsight I should have just shared a link (something appropriate like You Can't Fix Stupid by Ron White) with the offending person and been done with it.  In that respect, I kind of blew it.  Should have just passed on the entire deal but I did not and then like a snowball rolling downhill it just kind of got out of control from there on out.  

That is often the case, I hear the voice in my head that speaks to me during critical situations such as this, but unfortunately, it is all in German and I have no one to translate for me.  While we are at it?  I have only one identity, any more than that, and I would be overwhelmed.  

B’sides, it would waste the me that I already is.  

Perhaps like Icarus I lost my center and fell from Grace?  (he didn’t really fall from grace, he flew too close to the sun, his wings melted and fell from the sky, for all my critic’s who happen to be reading this)  So in my case the Fall from Grace is, in fact, a Sprint from Grace. Or perhaps more accurately, "Screw Grace, I am so outta here!"

Now it is time to release you all to your amusements, check please .....

BCO *

** This comment contains zero reference to the word “BUS.”
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 02:32:43 AM by boxcarOkie » Logged

Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2011, 05:20:38 AM »

"I hear the voice in my head that speaks to me during critical situations such as this, but unfortunately, it is all in German and I have no one to translate for me"

You're a classic Don!! Folks can just add Don's website to their favorites as I have and enjoy his words at their own convenience. Beware however. Don is the moderator over there!!! Grin Grin

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
Road Dawg

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2011, 07:29:37 AM »

He is real easy on the comments and he has this email thing that sends yu a notice when he puts up something new.  Ihavei been reading him since 2009

RTM
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: