Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 31, 2014, 07:16:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Phone line front to back of bus  (Read 893 times)
Danny

87' MCI 102A3 - getting there...

Ignore
« on: October 10, 2006, 11:53:47 PM »

Before you laugh ... it is just a thought.  I've seen several entertainer buses with a telephone directly linked from the driver to the back (bedroom).  I am thinking about rigging up something like this.  Question:  does anybody have any ideas as to what would be involved in setting up a phone like this?  It would have to have a buzzer to notify the other person to pick up. 

Any thoughts???

Thanks,
Danny

I have heard it said, "life comes at you fast".  I didn't know it would be in the shape of a bus  :-)
akbusguy2000

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 01:16:03 AM »

http://trinitydigitalmedia.com/tutorials/466intercom.pdf#search=%22make%20a%20telephone%20intercom%22

http://www.epanorama.net/documents/telecom/telephone_intercom.html

TomNPat

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 10:47:46 PM »

We did an intercom from inside to outside using the second link above so we can talk to someone at our door when on a job.  Works just fine as long as we don't have fog or rain.  Otherwise the 'ringing' starts.  I'm no genius, especially when it comes to electronics, but it works for two years now.  Two $5 phones, some resistors, a couple buzzers, etc., is real cheap.

As a driver, I would limit how much I used it when moving, but that is my choice.

TomNPat
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: