Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
June 19, 2018, 09:13:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ohio Bus Nuts  (Read 2323 times)
saddleup

Ignore
« on: September 29, 2011, 04:07:07 AM »

Looking like the next job may be in the Zanesville area,anybody know of good rv parks in the area, and just what the winters are like, liveing in a old bus, been looking at the weather pages but would rather here about how cold it gets from real people.
Thanks Matt

Yuma,Az

1974 Eagle 05 On the road, to Somewhere
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 11:42:12 AM »

Brrrrrr!
Ohio is definitely a state of nuts!  But seriously OHIO in the winter?

WOW, an I thought genuine buckeyes were nuts! Wink

Can't help ya much on the camping and such, but I used to deliver to the Auto Zone Warehouse in Zanesville all the time when I was trucking, wasn't much there that I noticed.

Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
saddleup

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 04:05:45 PM »

BK, Don't like the sound of  where this is going,did not think Ohio was going to be to good of winter place, should of ask how it compares to North Dakota,
Matt

Yuma,Az

John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 04:28:40 PM »

Matt, first off, don't forget Clifford still reads here. LOL, you have a nice bus, not an old bus Grin.

Second off, Zanesville gets snow, and it gets cold. I have been through there a bunch of times. I wouldn't have a problem wintering there, at all. In the past, the snow hasn't been on the ground all winter (from what I remember). But it sure won't feel like Florida. Also, keep in mind I like my seasons. I like snow too. Nothing like being out in my truck in a good snowstorm. Love it....

FWIW

John

Sold - MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
saddleup

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 04:41:54 PM »

John, when Clifford and i talk about this bus, the conversation go's something like, she's a pretty good old bus, and its with a  lot of pride on both our parts, and yes she's a dam fine bus Smiley
Matt

Yuma,Az

John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 08:17:09 PM »

John, when Clifford and i talk about this bus, the conversation go's something like, she's a pretty good old bus, and its with a  lot of pride on both our parts, and yes she's a dam fine bus Smiley
Matt

LOL, Matt. That is great. Your bus probably has one of my favorite paint jobs ever. Pretty awesome looking. Now with the matching baby behind it, that is nice!

Sold - MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 08:09:31 AM »

OH Matt it's nothing as brutal as a North Dakota winter trust me! I grew up in Indianapolis where our weather was about the same as OHIO's or maybe just a little less snow due to the lake effect.

I also lived 2-3yrs in Fargo/Moorhead area and I'd go back to IN anytime over that! (of course the people of Fargo told me it wasn't that it snowed so much in ND as it was that SD sucked and Canada Blew! hey not my word's but those of natives of Fargo!)

I do like making fun of OHIO where they are called "Buckeye's" after all if your a Buckeye yer a nut, and farther more I've never heard of not one simple use for a buckeye so that makes it a worthless nut!
(my sister used to live there and went to DeVry & OH State so I feel I'm justified in picking on buckeyes. Wink )
Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2011, 08:11:44 AM »

Quote from: John
I wouldn't have a problem wintering there, at all.
FWIW

John

John of course you wouldn't have a problem wintering there. It wouldn't be any difference for you since you already live in the snow belt of KC! Wink
Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

zimtok

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2011, 08:25:24 AM »

I grew up in Medina Ohio just south of Cleveland and west of Akron....

I can attest to the fact that we are all nuts... But I don't agree that the Buckeye is a useless nut....
You can grow another Buckeye tree with it...
As a kid we used them as ammo in our slingshots...
As entertainment we always got a good laugh out of someone trying to mow the yard with Buckeyes everywhere... (we would keep our distance, wary of the stray ones shot out by the mower)
You can even use them in place of macaroni when doing art in school, Buckeye Art... of course its best to use stiff cardboard as the backing...

1960 PD4104-4971 - Memphis TN

Buy the new Eddie L Smith CD "STAYIN LONG" at:
http://www.eddielsmith.com
Everyone is welcome to any of our gigs listed on the website.

Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2011, 08:34:52 AM »

OK Eddie I stand corrected! A buckeye is an ALMOST worthless nut with the exception of slingshot ammo and growing another ALMOST worthless tree!
Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: