Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 19, 2014, 09:22:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Estimated repair costs-Prevost Marathon XL  (Read 3254 times)
grantgoold

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2011, 09:38:04 AM »

Thank you guys for the info. I am going to think about the issues, research as much as possible the paperwork from Marathon and others on the Prevost group site. I sent an email to the webmaster of the Prevost group, asking for a temporary pass as I am not yet ready to make the jump. I hope to be able to find as much information as possible before I join the group full-time.

Thanks again.

Grant

Grant Goold
1984 MCI 9
Way in Over My Head!
Citrus Heights, California
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2011, 09:57:23 AM »

Yep, the POG's are a little pricey for the use of their board lol

Life is short drink the good wine first
Joe Camper

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2011, 07:32:05 AM »

"Your biggest ongoing battle will be chasing air leaks, especially in the aux air system relating to the suspension. Yours is sensitive to that because once the aux air drops below about 35 PSI your rear air bags will dump air and the coach will drop"

I agree with Jon on this but there is a solution to the tag axle lifting when the aux air pressure drops. They knew their mistake.

Prevo has a service bulletin I have linked to it here. They call it tag axle logic or something like that.

If you are planning to replace much of the suspension components and you have a bus that does this you should open this PDF check it out.

If you do it while you are doing the rebuild it will not cost squat it is mostly re plumbing the 3 port 2 position spool valve opposite of what it currently is. They even give you a new decal for the air toggle switch to remark up to down and down to up right in the kit. The entire kit from prevo concists of nothing more than a bunch of different fittings to plumb those spools 180 from where they are original.

If you have the ability to R&R suspension stuff you can do this too. If you do decide to do it it will also give you a way better understanding of the suspension system and how it works as well.

The signal air for that spool between the drives and tag that releases is aux. air so even if your brake tanks stay up the tag will still raise when the aux air drops. This eliminates that and makes the bus the way they currently plum the tag lifts.

http://api.ning.com/files/iWAEFc41PyR93QmtwRc6HkEM9QrxtsX0uQrBCVXhqSaF7qBOmPLr-xAH0pLVVfu3J4nesHxVq3MWq2o18WWzsJmOtcRhkZ7I/PUB96ENG1.pdf

« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 07:41:21 AM by Joe Camper » Logged

Signing off from Cook County Ill. where the dead vote, frequently.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: