Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 11:45:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: working on buses  (Read 608 times)
muldoonman
1991 Prevost 8V92TA

Ignore
« on: September 26, 2011, 07:15:40 AM »

How many of you all run around with toolboxes working on bus problems. You guys are the wealth of knowledge and could  make a small fortune off of just me. Just asking and thanks for all the insights and problem solving.

glen s.
grantgoold

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 07:22:40 AM »

full set of 256 professional craftsman and several air tools

Blocks, lubes and so forth.

Cell phone, towing cards.....

Grant Goold
1984 MCI 9
Way in Over My Head!
Citrus Heights, California
zimtok

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 08:08:51 AM »

That's why were called Bus-Nuts...

Really though we all try our best to help others because we know that some day we may need help.. As much as we would like to "Know It All" we can't (although some seem to come very close) We share our knowledge and experiences here knowing that we can also ask questions in return...

I have lots of tools and no fear to take anything apart that I'm curious to about.
Most of the time I can fix the problem, sometimes I just have to replace it...

1960 PD4104-4971 - Memphis TN

Buy the new Eddie L Smith CD "STAYIN LONG" at:
http://www.eddielsmith.com
Everyone is welcome to any of our gigs listed on the website.

TomC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 08:22:50 AM »

On top of a complet set of wrenches, you should carry a couple of 18" adjustable wrenches-good for taking the big hydraulic lines off if needed.  For instance, on my bus, it is easier to physically take the complete transmission filter off the bus when changing then try to change it on the bus-and that means loosening the two giant hydraulic lines (like 1 1/2?) and retightening them.  You always want to use two wrenches so you can take the strain off the fitting with one while tightening the hose with the other.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
prevosman

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 10:50:46 AM »

How many of you all run around with toolboxes working on bus problems. You guys are the wealth of knowledge and could  make a small fortune off of just me. Just asking and thanks for all the insights and problem solving.

glen s.

I got enough problems keeping my coach in tip-top shape. But if an owner really needs help and is willing to get just as dirty as I am he is welcome to park over my pit where we will both work on the problem. I don't work on problems that were self inflicted.

Jon Wehrenberg
Knoxville TN
1997 Prevost Liberty
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: