Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 19, 2014, 04:00:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Air Compressor Air Filter - Not So Impossible To Find  (Read 360 times)
technomadia

Zephyr - 1961 GM PD-4106-446

Ignore
« on: September 27, 2011, 01:04:46 PM »

When we took our 4106 to visit Clifford right after we first bought it, I asked him what the little canister hanging off the side of the air compressor was.  He said it was a filter that was very hard to find, and that we would probably need to modify the air compressor intake to feed off of the main engine air filter.

He cleaned the filter for us, and said our only hope for a new one might be from Luke at US Coach.

I called Luke, and he told me it hadn't seen one of those filters in years, and he had no idea where to get one.

Bummer.

This week I took the old filter off, and it was extremely filthy and clogged up. But I could make out a faint part number in the rubber.  A little googling, and I determined that the small filter was a Baldwin PA1704 Industrial Air Element.

Available from Amazon Prime for $8.62 with free two day shipping.

I just installed it - and now our bus airs up in a third the time that it used to.  The difference is night and day.

Not so impossible to find after all....

Hopefully this might help anyone else hunting for one of these.

*grin*

- Chris

Cherie and Chris / www.technomadia.com
Full-time 'Technomads' since 2006 (technology enabled nomads)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: