Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 28, 2014, 05:19:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We need Used Motor Oil. Leaving in two weeks...  (Read 2314 times)
happycamperbrat

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2011, 06:36:01 AM »

Places that make fuel and gasoline from waste engine oil crack the waste engine oil same process that is used when making fuel or gasoline they don't blend it gasoline, you need a more recent EPA ruling on waste engine oil a 2004 article is not up to date ,
You spill waste oil on the ground they make you dig a 4x4x2 hole for each gal spill and haul the dirt off site to be aired or cooked don't ask how I know this lol  

good luck

That sucks!

The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post
Scott Bennett
Scott & Heather MCI-9

Scott & Heather

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2011, 09:51:43 AM »

bummer. Hope that doesn't happen to me. I hate digging holes.  Undecided In any case, plenty of you wonderful folk have messaged me about your WMO, so I'm good to go for this trip. Thanks all for helping me either get to Florida for cheap, or for helping me murder my engine. Either way, we'll still be friends....promise.  Smiley

Scott & Heather
1984 MCI9 6V92-turbo with 9 inch roof raise & conversion in progress.
http://www.scottmichaelbennett.com/p/our-bus.html
˙ǝɯoɔlǝʍ suoıʇɐuop ˙snq ʍǝu ɐ pǝǝu ʎlqɐqoɹd ll,ǝʍ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2011, 10:00:30 AM »

Good luck Scotty hope it works good for you but it won't be a problem all the wonderful people that messaged you off the board they will be the first inline with their checkbooks to help you pay to rebuild your engine you can bank on that LOL 
I will give you credit with trying to filter it good most don't do that, get back with us in about 30,000 miles ok 

good luck
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 10:12:32 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
Scott Bennett
Scott & Heather MCI-9

Scott & Heather

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2011, 03:00:07 PM »

Good luck Scotty hope it works good for you but it won't be a problem all the wonderful people that messaged you off the board they will be the first inline with their checkbooks to help you pay to rebuild your engine you can bank on that LOL I will give you credit with trying to filter it good most don't do that, get back with us in about 30,000 miles ok 
good luck

They made me sign a disclaimer. Ok not really. But I met my first nut today...Kurt in Peach Bottom, PA. Blowing my Detroit is totally worth it if I can meet all of these other Busnuts Smiley

Scott & Heather
Mike in GA

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2011, 03:33:43 PM »

Scott and Heather:
    Not sure it fits your schedule, but this coming weekend a whole passel of bus nuts are gathering in SC. Chance to meet some great people.
    Check for an earlier post on this board from Kyle Brandt regarding his 'Non Rally' at Palmetto Cove Camp Ground, near Spartanburg.
    You would be welcomed, and there would be a fair amount of interest in your alternative fuel style. Might even be some WMO.
Mike in GA

Past President, Southeast Bus Nuts. Busin' for more than 14 years in a 1985 MC 96a3 with DD 8v92 and a 5 speed Allison c/r.
Scott Bennett
Scott & Heather MCI-9

Scott & Heather

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2011, 05:09:26 PM »

Scott and Heather:
    Not sure it fits your schedule, but this coming weekend a whole passel of bus nuts are gathering in SC. Chance to meet some great people.
    Check for an earlier post on this board from Kyle Brandt regarding his 'Non Rally' at Palmetto Cove Camp Ground, near Spartanburg.
    You would be welcomed, and there would be a fair amount of interest in your alternative fuel style. Might even be some WMO.
Mike in GA

Thanks Mike. We'd be there in a heartbeat (or should I say a piston stroke) if we could. We're not heading out of PA and on to FL until October 16. We actually leave on Friday Oct. 14, head to Ashburn, VA, then on Sunday morning at 10 am we're pushing off to Apopka, FL for the winter. Count us out on this one, but maybe a future one...

Scott & Heather
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2011, 08:21:44 PM »

BCM rally runs Oct 14-17th and I'm sure there will be left overs a couple days later!

Only 571 Miles from Ashburn and 250 extra miles over the original destination miles!
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Scott Bennett
Scott & Heather MCI-9

Scott & Heather

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2011, 12:21:48 PM »

BCM rally runs Oct 14-17th and I'm sure there will be left overs a couple days later!

Only 571 Miles from Ashburn and 250 extra miles over the original destination miles!
Grin  BK  Grin

You just might convince us Smiley Let me spend some time on the map...

Scott & Heather
Mike in GA

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2011, 07:51:56 AM »

In addition to the Choo Choo Rally, there is also the Oct 27-30 Southeast Bus Nuts annual gathering in Hoboken (southeast) GA, near JAX, not far off I-95, or about 100 miles east of I-85 enroute to Apopka. About 50-60 buses usually. Follow the link:
www.southeastbsnuts.org
Cheers!
Mike in GA

Past President, Southeast Bus Nuts. Busin' for more than 14 years in a 1985 MC 96a3 with DD 8v92 and a 5 speed Allison c/r.
Scott Bennett
Scott & Heather MCI-9

Scott & Heather

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2011, 05:51:46 PM »

We have some potential changes to our plans since I just received a call that I might be in a television studio doing some filming late this month in Maryland. So, that might kill our plans to leave the 16th. The GA rally might actually be more on our radar now. Ugh. I have no idea where we'll be in the next three weeks...and it's killing me. I do know we'll be in PA, MD, VA, DE, FL, and AZ. Those are just the places we're staying at least a night or two. All in the next three weeks.  Undecided

Scott & Heather
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: