Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 20, 2014, 06:59:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lug Nuts - Pics of my Nuts  (Read 6714 times)
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2006, 06:16:34 AM »

Sorry that we have two subjects in this thread.

JR, the hard wired antenna uses a cable and connector that looks like your typical CB cable on one end and a connector on the other end that connects where the small "rubber ducky" cable connects on the console.  The cable is 35 feet.  Doran also has a repeater that can be mounted in the rear part of the bus.  It does not have a cable, but does require 12 volts.  I do not need an antenna in my 40 foot Eagle.  I sell perhaps 1 antenna for each 5-10 units. 

The sensor is about 1 inch in diameter and 1 inch tall.  I have not run into a case where they can't be installed because of space.  Jack said he had to remove the outer wheel to install his unit on the inner dual.  Some customers install extensions to bring the sensor to the outside.  On my Eagle, I can get my hand between the tires and remove the sensor to add air.

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
’85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2006, 06:35:31 AM »

Jim,
   We get our nut covers and hub covers at 75 Chrome Shop located at the Wildwood exit on I-75 in Florida. Flying J also carries them as well as most truck stops. We went with the chrome plated plastic nut covers because they will never rust.

JR,
  When we installed our Pressure Pro, we did not use the optional antenna. Occasionally, we would temporarily loose the signal from 1 or 2 of the rear bus tires or toad tires. We added the optional antenna and have not had that problem re-occur. The optional antenna has a 40' coax that connects tpo the monitor on the dash.
  The only other problem we have had is the sensitivity of the unit. We aired all of our toad tires to 30 PSI in Florida with an ambient temperature of 90 degrees. Up here in NC, the temp dropped into the 30s, tire pressures dropped to 27 PSI and alarm went off. We simply unplugged the monitor. We have 2 options: 1. remove the sensor, wait 1 minute and re-install, it will now consider 27 PSI as base pressure or 2. add air to bring pressure to 30 PSI.
    The sensors will fit in the openings in the Alcoa wheels, but it is extremely difficult to air either dual without removing the outside dual.  We plan to add extensions to inside duals and put short, straight valve stems on the outside duals.  Jack
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 06:45:34 AM by JackConrad » Logged

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
ChuckMC8

1977 MC8 and 1993 102C3 Temple Ga #322 F&AM

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2006, 07:11:55 AM »

Jim, Jack is absolutely right- the chrome plated plastic is the way to go on the lug covers. I used  Alcoa kits, they come with lug caps and hub covers. I bought them new on ebay.They are picey to purchace retail. I had tried several different types, but (IMO) the Alcoas seeem the best. You can click on my profile to see them. HTH, Chuck

Far better is it to dare mighty things,to win glorious triumphs,even though they may be checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much,because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.  Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: