Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 30, 2014, 10:32:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: URGENT (again!) -- Air system failure, even more stranded now...  (Read 3519 times)
technomadia

Zephyr - 1961 GM PD-4106-446

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2011, 05:37:00 PM »

Percussive maintenance worked, and got us to Durango. Just spent the afternoon at Vandegrift Diesel. They were absolutely awesome, and seemed delighted to work on a bus.

We had them adjust the brakes, replace all the drain valves, Lubed anything with a zirk and got a new governor to put on later.

- Cherie

Cherie and Chris / www.technomadia.com
Full-time 'Technomads' since 2006 (technology enabled nomads)
Bill B /bus

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2011, 05:50:14 PM »

Did you watch them do the brake adjust? The next time its yours to do. Then you can show someone else. Remember - See one, do one, teach one.
How about the greasing? Did you watch and learn?

Nice job figuring out the governor. There is a rule about hammers - if a bigger hammer doesn't fix the problem then the part needed replacing anyway, Grin

Good luck and thanks for the after action report.

Bill

Bill & Lynn
MCI102A3, Series 50 w/HT70
technomadia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2011, 05:56:21 PM »

Oh yes, we did Smiley. They let us play in the pit with them and taught is as they went  - so much fun, and educational. Very much looking forward to the preventative maintenance workshop at the Choo-Choo rally, and getting confident with all this stuff. 

I'm loving grease and oil on my clothes. Besides, oil is a nail color, right?? Smiley.

- Cherie

bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2011, 06:09:18 PM »

One of my grandfather's favorite expressions was "give it a hit with a hammer."

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
travlinman

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2011, 06:35:06 PM »

Right on guys, glad to see that you got rolling again. I am making a note of that shop,  always good to know of a place that wants to work on an antique! Oh, and put that new governor on and rebuild the old one! That is what I am going to do with mine.

Safe travels,

Steve

Steve & Kristen Full time nomads since '06 - PD4106-674  8V71/V730
eagle19952

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2011, 06:59:28 PM »

Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

Your Welcome.... Sad Shocked Sad Shocked Sad Shocked Sad Kiss
PS. Rude is not acknowledging an apology.
Sorry now i did that too.

Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

and got us to Durango. Just spent the afternoon at Vandegrift Diesel. They were absolutely awesome, and seemed delighted to work on a bus.

Oh yes, we did Smiley. They let us play in the pit with them and taught is as they went  - so much fun, and educational. Very much looking forward to the preventative maintenance workshop at the Choo-Choo rally, and getting confident with all this stuff.  

I'm loving grease and oil on my clothes. Besides, oil is a nail color, right?? Smiley.

- Cherie
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 07:22:09 PM by eagle19952 » Logged

Donald PH
1978 Model 05 Eagle w/Torsilastic Suspension,8V71 NA, DDAllison on 24.5's 12kw Kubota.
Wants Paint Smiley
Previously owned by Wee Willie Ent.
technomadia

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2011, 07:24:15 PM »

Sorry eagle, had a lot going on and very limited bandwidth in which to do it.  We are seriously behind on a lot of stuff as a result.

eagle19952

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2011, 07:47:47 PM »

Sorry eagle, had a lot going on and very limited bandwidth in which to do it.  We are seriously behind on a lot of stuff as a result.

Got your message.
In all seriousness,earnestly and sincerely GOOD LUCK and BEST WISHES.
On the Road,gypsy,vagabond and human since 2004
donald and Deborah

Donald PH
1978 Model 05 Eagle w/Torsilastic Suspension,8V71 NA, DDAllison on 24.5's 12kw Kubota.
Wants Paint Smiley
Previously owned by Wee Willie Ent.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: