Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 30, 2014, 03:46:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: House Toilet vs RV Toilet  (Read 8839 times)
pipopak

I am the 99%

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2011, 04:37:38 AM »

If you are one of the ones that leave your valves open all the time while parked and the toilet starts running because of a bad valve, you WILL fill our septic tank within a day.
If I go from site to site and determine it is your RV that is putting water into my system, (easily done), I will not only ask you to leave, but I will charge you $850 for a pump out. You don't like that idea? hmmm, to bad... that's what it costs here for the pump out. If you refuse to pay it or pay it and decline the charge later on your credit card, you will have a warrant sworn out against you for defrauding an inn keeper. You will pay, one way or another.
I would really like to know where are you located so I can avoid you like plague. Looks like you are not properly equipped and are highly combative also, not a good combination for somebody looking for a relaxing time. I suggest that the next time you make a post go SEVERAL times over it checking the wording.

Linux, when Windoze just will not measure up.
muldoonman
1991 Prevost 8V92TA

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2011, 04:44:22 AM »

I had a rv style in my alfa, (plastic or fiberglass) but my bus has a 12 volt style set up. It's porcelain and about the regular size in house. They tell me they are expense to replace. All the pump parts are under the toliet lid. Can't say which one is better.

glen
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2011, 04:55:28 AM »

Easy on Dallas, guys. Of course, that will be in the TCs when you sign your name to stay there. For that much money, he probably mentions it too.

So make sure that you read the fine print, before you sign. That is how he could hold you to the charge, if it is in writing.

FWIW

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
Tikvah

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2011, 05:02:24 AM »

Who would have dreamed that by asking about toilet style, I would be threatened by the campground Gestapo. 

I am still building my coach, to date I have never stayed in a full hook-up campground.  Even with my pull-behind camper we always stayed in less modern facilities.  So, I don't know all the rules.

Correct me please (somebody besides the Gestapo).  I plan to carry a rather large amount of water.  Hopefully about a hundred gallons each of black and gray, and a couple hundred fresh.  If I pull into a full hook-up campground, can I dump my black/gray? Or do I have to continue to carry it?  It sounds from the Campground Prosecutor that I need to dump before hooking up or his system will overload and I'll have a court battle on my hands.

Certainly I never intended to grab this wild dog by his ears, but it seems it is a hot topic.  Dallas, Let me know the rules and I'll play along, but this subject seems to be near and dear to your heart.  Let us all know where you are located.  I'm sure everyone here would like to stop by for a visit, we have something we would like to leave with you.

Oh, and I might suggest not making legal threats on this type of forum, there are some of us here who could enjoy the legal tango just for entertainment sake, far more than you could image.

Thanks for the input guys, I think I'll install a RV toilet after all.

Dave

I couldn't repair my brakes, so I made my horn louder.
1989 MCI-102 A3
DD 6V92 Turbo, Alison
Tons of stuff to learn!
Started in Cheboygan, Michigan (near the Mackinaw Bridge).  Now home is anywhere we park
muldoonman
1991 Prevost 8V92TA

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2011, 05:31:14 AM »

Dave check the electric toilets out. I don't know the brands but the one in my bus is nice. Looks like the one in your house.

glen
Tikvah

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2011, 05:34:34 AM »

I guess I need some education.  What does the electric do in a toilet?
I've seen some a the RV suppliers, and couldn't understand what they are all about

Maybe somebody could post a description...

I couldn't repair my brakes, so I made my horn louder.
1989 MCI-102 A3
DD 6V92 Turbo, Alison
Tons of stuff to learn!
Started in Cheboygan, Michigan (near the Mackinaw Bridge).  Now home is anywhere we park
muldoonman
1991 Prevost 8V92TA

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2011, 05:50:34 AM »

I guess they work like a conventional one without a water holding tank. Elongated bowl and looks like a short tank on back. Raise the lid and the pump and electrics under lid. Very heavy porceline like the one in house.
Just Dallas
Bus Conversion Stuff on a Budget

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2011, 06:06:43 AM »

Wow, what a bunch of grumpy people.

Sorry I mentioned it.

I think you will find hidden in the rules of many campgrounds statements that allow them to charge you for any damage you cause.

It just like causing damage at a motel, if you tear up the room or steal the television, you will be charged for it. If you leave water running in a motel room, and plug the drains up, they can and usually will charge you for the damage.

Besides, these aren't my rules, I am only required to enforce them, although I can't say that I disagree with this particular rule. I was merely trying to inform you and others what the consequences of your actions could be.

I'm just an old chunk of coal... but I'm gonna be a diamond someday.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2011, 06:16:32 AM »

Glen, most likely you have a Mircophor toilet in your Prevost pretty pricey toilet @ 1200 to 1500 bucks I had one in my Eagle they are used in rail service because they hold up to the abuse.

Check out the Mircophor site if you ever need parts they sell direct,and me personally I hate RV toilets with a foot pedal lol  

good luck
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 06:37:00 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
muldoonman
1991 Prevost 8V92TA

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2011, 06:36:03 AM »

Whoa, Cliff. I didn't know they were that pricey. I'm going to have to get my wife another job to support my habit! (busing)
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2011, 06:40:20 AM »

Yep Glen people install switches on the wall were when they stand up the just push a button and flush they are a good toilet little over priced I think 

good luck

TomC

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2011, 09:00:54 AM »

Microphor toilets are fine and dandy for trains and public buses-but once you look at them-I'd have a hard time incorporating a toilet like that that is so industrial looking-I'm sure they are great toilets though.
Take a look at the Dometic all porcelain toilets that can use standard house hold type seats.  They make two versions-one is a normal gravity drop toilet that is either hand flushed with a normal handle using an electric water valve, or with an electronic wall mounted switch.  The second version is a macerator toilet-also with either a toilet mounted handle or wall mounted switch.  The macerator toilet can be either down drop or through wall drain.  It has a stainless multi knife grinder and can pump up to 90ft.  I got a cost of around $900.00 for it.  Probably the toilet I will have to use.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2011, 09:14:11 AM »

Having read Dallas' posts over the past couple years, I doubt he meant all that to be taken so literally.  It's just his way.  He likes to overstate for dramatic effect, so I say easy on him.  He's been around a long time and people generally understand his way of writing.

"Life is like a game of Pool... No matter how bad it looks, you take your shot."
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2011, 09:22:03 AM »

TomC, look at the Dometic Sealand Opus in the high end conversion just a exact copy of the Mircophor that has been around for years that have had the same features you are talking about for years

I have no idea where you come up with the industrial look unless you are looking at their commercial line  

good luck

Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2011, 09:46:16 AM »

Just because something is used in high end RV's does not mean it is better.  I tend to go with the KISS thing here (although some may not like the reference in relation to toilets).  Gravity is just such a wonderful blessing, and it is free.  It just seems like ingratitude not to use it.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: