Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 23, 2014, 03:13:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: House Toilet vs RV Toilet  (Read 7829 times)
pipopak

I am the 99%

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2011, 07:17:59 PM »

[/quote]

I'm probably worth at least $32.60 now! 

TOM
[/quote]
MONEY!!!!. (Rumbling noise of lawyer's stampede heading your way)

Linux, when Windoze just will not measure up.
eagle19952

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2011, 08:01:27 PM »

FWIW the avg household uses 80 gallons of water per person per day.
IF you are catering to monthly clients and not casual campers then you should be rated for that fact.
I know that every county in Texas has an as-built of every thing that is ever constructed, so either your system will process 2560 gal minimum per day or it is in violation of your permit....
Maybe the engineer did not calculate full-timers in his plan...
And you get stuck implementing a rock and a hard spot POS.situation.
But if thats what you do then thats what you gotta do.

Point #2: The park's septic system is more than adequate. Unless you consider 6 500 gallon tanks and 2 1500 gallon tanks inadequate for 32 spaces, a bath house and a laundry. If you didn't know, a 1/2" water line with normal pressure of 60 psi can flow over 800 gallons per hour. That's not an inconsequential amount considering the user may not be home for 12 to 16 hours.
Just Dallas
Bus Conversion Stuff on a Budget

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2011, 08:35:21 PM »

Don, we are only charging what the legal limit is for the electricity. I can supply the relevant nomenclature from the appropriate bureau if you would like, but I would prefer not to.. I would have to set up the scanner for my laptop which is my main internet interface at this time.
You are also right that Texas has the worst Perk conditions I've ever seen. Growing up in Idaho, We never ever ever had our tanks pumped. However, where we are now, is about mid point on "iron hill", a sub surface formation of iron ore and crustacean layering that happened around 65 million years ago. (I may be wrong on that, I got the time line from Nat Geo).
We also will clean up any spill you have.. no charge, and we will even let you move to a new spot if you aren't happy with the one you have. We also don't have a rule about how much you can dump. Maybe you didn't read my posts?
Your statement
I have read every piece of paper i ever signed for space rent and never have I seen one that said the stuff you express.
probably didn't dawn on you that somewhere in the rules or statement, it said, "I also agree to be bound by the rules and requirements of this campground".
Reading what you sign doesn't always free you from responsibility.

Again, I'm not trying to be confrontational, but if you insist on doing silly things, you will pay for them, no matter how nice the managers or owners are.

Well I'll be a Long time getting 785 posts but I'm just Don....

and I have been full timing in my coach for 7 years ( my houses and properties are leased out)....Been to Mexico, Alaska,AZ MN ID,AR,FL,NM,MT and LOTS of Texas and I will say Texas has the worst "perk' soil conditions of anyplace probably on earth at least American earth....But I have never seen a rule that said how much i could dump, in fact I recently had (oh MY) a sewage spill...the camp staff came and cleaned it up,replaced my hose and gave me a sewer donut seal that i did not know I was required by LAW to have.
I have read every piece of paper i ever signed for space rent and never have I seen one that said the stuff you express.
Now i will say that once my grandson was filling the toilet and the fill stuck open and overflowed in my coach....we sent his carcass to the taxidermist...because his mother wasn't there to mop up the water.

If your septic worked proper raw water should flow out to your drain field and NOT overflow your tanks to the point of having them pumped, that's just the way it's supposed to work.
PS it's against Texas Law to charge a premium for electricity,
as  IT is in most states, you can charge a reading fee..but that is usually regulated to fair market value..like maybe 40$ an hour...32 spaces...about $20.00.....
Where are you at in TX.
PS I already know.

I'm just an old chunk of coal... but I'm gonna be a diamond someday.
eagle19952

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2011, 09:40:02 PM »

I also agree to be bound by the rules and requirements of this campground".
I can understand this BUT IF it isn't written AND made available then it ain't gonna wash.
where I am now  (for instance) they have a no clothes washer/dryer policy yet a "blind eye" has been turned for years ( apparently), all i am sayin is if you bend one rule....you will end up allowing them all to be bent in court.
Usually in these parks there is a clic type life view and most of the clics don't "like' the owners...not necasary the manager.....
PS I am not confronting neither.
Just Dallas

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2011, 10:00:04 PM »

It actually doesn't have to be written anywhere. As soon as you enter private property, you have agreed to their rules and regulations. That's merely the rule of the land, not a Texas rule or any other state rule.
I'm not really sure I could be at your campground... If I want to wash clothes, I don't want to be naked to do it.... I couldn't stand the laughter and derision.

I also agree to be bound by the rules and requirements of this campground".
I can understand this BUT IF it isn't written AND made available then it ain't gonna wash.
where I am now  (for instance) they have a no clothes washer/dryer policy yet a "blind eye" has been turned for years ( apparently), all i am sayin is if you bend one rule....you will end up allowing them all to be bent in court.
Usually in these parks there is a clic type life view and most of the clics don't "like' the owners...not necasary the manager.....
PS I am not confronting neither.

robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2011, 06:00:41 AM »

I have the RV  toilet for connivance. Both of simplicity of winterising ,operation,and installation.   Bob

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2011, 09:05:06 AM »

Went to the Microphor site again and looked at the RV toilets.  Still the same opinion-they look like a bus or train commercial toilet.  Far to industrial looking for me.

Dometic makes the same 100% porcelain toilet in either gravity or macerator-far nicer looking of a toilet.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2011, 09:41:57 AM »

Dallas,

I hadn't considered the drainage conditions there.  In Florida, it's just about impossible to overwhelm a properly functioning drain field.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
pipopak

I am the 99%

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2011, 09:49:36 AM »

In Florida, it's just about impossible to overwhelm a properly functioning drain field.
Not impossible, just takes a dedicated idiot.

Linux, when Windoze just will not measure up.
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2011, 10:06:56 AM »

I thought that was why Texas was so big-- they needed the room for the leach fields.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
Just Dallas

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2011, 05:26:26 PM »

Nope Lin, they need the room to handle the egos of some of the people here.

I thought that was why Texas was so big-- they needed the room for the leach fields.

Len, our drainage is almost non-existent. We live on a formation called Iron Hill, it's between 5 and 50 feet down, composed of iron ore, shale, sedimentary rock, igneous rock and shallow sea fossils. (As an aside, we even have some fossilized shells that the native Americans made a blue dye from. It's reputed to be almost identical to the dye used by the Hebrews in the old testament). The layer stretches for 50 miles out into the gulf, up to the Red river, south to Mexico, and west to the other side of Waco. Sometimes 200' thick, sometimes only a few inches. Above that is a layer of clay that is excellent for making pottery with. That extends way up into Oklahoma and way south into central Mexico.
Right where we are the clay comes within 8" of the surface in most places. Believe me, digging trenches for new power posts, electrical conduit, and water lines took 4 people 4 weeks to go 18" down and 300 feet long. Couldn't use a trencher because of sewer lines, gas pipelines, oil pipelines, trunked electrical, (Not sure what that is, but they say it carries over 100,000 V) and some other stuff that has easements across the property.
The perking factor takes so long that they don't measure in hours or even days..... we can count on a month or more to perk 50 gallons.
New systems are Aerobic, but we can't use those here because of the campers that may walk their precious puppies and children, so we are stuck with the older Anaerobic systems.
We actually have enough room to put in 50-75 more spaces, but due to the limitations of the septic systems, we couldn't handle that many.

If I came across as combative to anyone here, I apologize. My intention was only to inform and educate. I realize that my manner may be somewhat abrupt and irritable, but I was taught by the best... none of whom would spare the feelings if a good whack with the Crescent wrench would do.

Dallas,

I hadn't considered the drainage conditions there.  In Florida, it's just about impossible to overwhelm a properly functioning drain field.

eagle19952

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2011, 06:50:35 PM »

none of whom would spare the feelings if a good whack with the Crescent wrench would do. ...........so did your grandfather come from the same place mine did...Newfoundland... Undecided
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: