Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 02, 2014, 02:57:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: heating/ac control panel went bad  (Read 538 times)
white-eagle

Ignore
« on: October 02, 2011, 04:33:20 PM »

i have a 91 Eagle model 15 which has a temp control panel on left side of the dash.  you turn it on, set the temp you want for driver or passengers, and it maintains the temp.  it heats or cools as needed.
Mine went haywire.  shows the temp, but none of the buttons seem to work on the membrane anymore.  it was at least pumping heat in, but since i took it apart to see what's in it, now the fan doesn't even kick on.
jefferson Bus says they have a manual explaining it, and maybe they can get me a rebuilt control unit (pricey).

any suggestions?  anyone know how to reset it?  any one have one?

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 10:52:42 AM »

i have a 91 Eagle model 15 which has a temp control panel on left side of the dash.  you turn it on, set the temp you want for driver or passengers, and it maintains the temp.  it heats or cools as needed.
Mine went haywire.  shows the temp, but none of the buttons seem to work on the membrane anymore.  it was at least pumping heat in, but since i took it apart to see what's in it, now the fan doesn't even kick on.
jefferson Bus says they have a manual explaining it, and maybe they can get me a rebuilt control unit (pricey).

any suggestions?  anyone know how to reset it?  any one have one?

How about a pic Tom?

I have no clues, but maybe someone will chime in, and maybe a pic or 2 will help jar some memories from those who have experience with these.
FWIW
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 10:57:41 AM »

Tom, if you can reach Van he may sell you the one in his 15 bus it not doing him much good he only has heat now

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 07:47:21 PM »

thanks guys for the response, but i guess i'm going to call Jefferson and order the book.  they have a manual that talks about resetting/using the panel.  i suspect the electronics just failed, but it's worth the $23 to get the book and see if i can reprogram it.  otherwise, like VAN, i'll just have heat, only now it will be either on a toggle switch to turn the fan on, or i'll clean out that back bay, have more storage, and pub in some other heat source like wabasto.  or i can just turn on the genset and run the elec heater while driving.  it ain't like i  spend a lot of time in cold weather driving  Grin .

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: