Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 30, 2014, 10:41:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why so little Pictures on here?  (Read 1010 times)
morefire

Ignore
« on: October 05, 2011, 05:19:41 AM »

I am a member of several Motor home/Bus sites, but I notice that with this site in particular, people will type a 2 page novel describing something in great detail, instead of taking a picture of it Huh  
Most sites like this are LOADED with pictures!!
I would have thought that on this site, there would have been allot more "how to"  & "look what I did" with  "pictures",  And people who are very proud of their work/projects, and want to post pictures.......... but pictures are far and few between....  
Why is that?

David G
Toronto, Ontario
2009 Bluebird 40' Coach
Cummins ISX-675HP!!
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 05:45:02 AM »

I have trouble posting them. First getting to photo bucket then to here.  Not the same process  every time. Then pictures get lost.  Many have tried to help!!! many!..I find bus building easier. I will keep trying.  Bob           if I could stick the card in the side of the computer and download them straight to post would be allot easier.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 05:47:37 AM by robertglines1 » Logged

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 05:51:47 AM »

Like Bob with me going to photo bucket or others downloading and coming back to the board just to much trouble for me trying to re-size and post I gave up a long time ago lol

good luck
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 05:56:13 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 05:57:42 AM »

I say the same thing... Too much trouble.  Even if I get as far as photobucket I tend to forget what to copy, the direct link, the img code or the HTML or whatever... then you have to re-size or you get jumbo photos that come out bigger than the screen.  I'll do it if I really feel like it, but most of the time it's just too time-consuming.

"Life is like a game of Pool... No matter how bad it looks, you take your shot."
bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 05:57:55 AM »

I stick the card in the side of the computer and download directly.  Just click on the additional options tab at the bottom left of the page, browse to the picture I want, and click on it.  I can typically add three pictures before I exceed the content limit of 512 Kbyte.  To allow this to happen I set my camera for a small picture size, maybe the smallest option.  I think it's 640 by 480 pixels or something like that.  Anyway, works perfectly and is very easy to do.

This is the view from the kitchen porch of my new house in Tatamagouche, with my bus barn (14' clearance) on the right, my shop/storage building (11'8" clearance possible) in the middle, and my heated garage/shop nearest to the house.  Looking forward to being there full time...  Even if we sometimes get extremely muddy snowfalls...   Grin

Brian
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 06:10:48 AM by bevans6 » Logged

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Vintage race cars -
1978 Lola T440 Formula Ford
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR
thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 05:59:42 AM »

Thanks Brian, I didn't know you could do it that way.

Marc

"Life is like a game of Pool... No matter how bad it looks, you take your shot."
bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 06:13:00 AM »

The key is to just set the camera to the small size.  Since I take pictures mostly to email to people, or to document something, I have little need of a 5 megapixel image that I can't print or display on anything I own, so I rarely change the camera from the small setting.  One upside is one memory card takes about a million pictures to fill...

Brrian

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Vintage race cars -
1978 Lola T440 Formula Ford
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR
lostagain

MC5C

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 06:41:40 AM »

Brian, you should not be allowed to post pictures with any snow in them for a least another month, lol.

Nice shops though!

JC

JC
Invermere, BC
1977 MC5C, 6V92/HT740
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 06:45:10 AM »

Brian, you should not be allowed to post pictures with any snow in them for a least another month, lol.

Nice shops though!

JC

Actually those are supposed to be summer time pictures ! What we're looking for now are nice sunny pictures! (beaches are especially nice !
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2011, 07:07:17 AM »

At this time in history, we busnut board users are a much, much older demographic than the average internet user.

Our collective computer and camera interface familiarity is limited.

Re-sizing and inserting pictures onto a board system is NOT intuitive or easy.

Some are on the end of a dial up or other slow connection due to geography or the expense of higher speed, and pictures don't get along with that.

Some of our viewers are thrilled that they can turn the computer on, and click to this site to read. They don't post, as the keyboard all by itself, causes great stress. Some have their spouse set the computer up so they can click through.

And that's GREAT!!!

Because we participate as we are able.

This is reality moving forward too. As we younger ones get older, we'll all succumb, one way or another, to the world and technology outrunning our interest or capacity.

All that, and when I am working on the coach, I'm working on the coach, and after the job is done, I then remember I didn't take any pictures with my greasy hands to share...

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2011, 07:33:49 AM »

All that, and when I am working on the coach, I'm working on the coach, and after the job is done, I then remember I didn't take any pictures with my greasy hands to share...

Passing along a tip someone shared with me to help with that issue.  Before starting a "dirty hands" project that you would like to photograph, put the camera in a clear plastic bag.  Then cut holes where the lens and flash are.  If the lens telescopes outward when turned on, make sure the hole is big enough for it to do that.

That allows you to handle the camera without dirt and grease from your hands getting all over it.

Many have tried to help!!! many!..I find bus building easier. I will keep trying. 

Bob, while you are here for the rally I can help you with that "hands on" and I think you will find it pretty easy.  One neat thing about photo bucket is that you don't have to mess with resizing or taking all your photos small.  It will automatically resize them to an online friendly size.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: