Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 26, 2014, 03:11:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wow! Entire Prevost Interiors...  (Read 3126 times)
pickpaul
New Bus Not

New Bus Not

Ignore
« on: October 06, 2011, 03:07:21 AM »

Looks like they may go for $25-$30k...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Prevost-Bus-Complete-Interior-Cabinetry-Set-Salon-Galley-Bedroom-Bath-etc-/190580530752?pt=Motors_RV_Trailer_Camper_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c5f7c1e40#ht_500wt_1182
bottomacher

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 04:49:47 AM »

$35k per set? Someone's very proud of his work...
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 05:16:06 AM »

That is one of Creative Interiors of Ohio packages,Sam Walker sells those kits also 

good luck
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 05:28:48 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 05:18:28 AM »

Cabinets  only!  your local guy could prob do for less than 1/2 and better.

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 05:37:24 AM »

Text suggests probably cabinets only, but the photos show complete interiors. Certainly a misleading advert, but quite possibly only through lack of thought and experience - seller hasn't previously sold anything on Ebay, and has only bought very low value items

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
bruceknee

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 06:25:30 AM »

I can match that price and my cabinets come with the coach that they are installed in Cheesy
Joe Camper

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 09:06:23 AM »

I have not opened up the link I think i have seen it in the past.

I am confident that the costs of the materials for the finishied product in all professionally converted prevo motorhomes will for sure and easily exceed that amount. I could not build what I have with the components that the converter used for it on ours and mine is old.  Every last component is the best that can be used right down to the finish grade plywood in access of 7/8 in places you don't even know. Go out and price solid wood cabinate cases with radioused corners of varring degrees and then explore the laminates and its cost and the labor to correctly put laminate on a radius corner without damaging it is an art.

I know this kind of stuff is out of most of our budgets mine included but if this stuff is what it should be not a cheep replication it is of a significant value and pretty high end custom stuff.

The stuff I remember seeing was an interior that superbus had assembled but never installed because they closed.

You could do it yourself for less if you had a shop full of tools and a lifetime of experience  Wink and a lot of time

Signing off from Cook County Ill. where the dead vote, frequently.
Seayfam

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2011, 10:51:14 AM »

If that is all the woodwork from front to rear, I would say it's a fair price. You guy's probably won't believe me, but all the wood "yes just the wood" cost 20,000 in my bus.   My bus is solid teak front to rear, including the walls.

Gary Seay (location Alaska)
1969 MCI MC-6 unit# 20006
8V92 turbo 740 auto
more pics and information here     "  www.my69mci-6.blogspot.com  "
grantgoold

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2011, 11:21:45 AM »

Gary do you need a son, brother or other blood relative?  Grin

Grant-your lost relative!!!!

Grant Goold
1984 MCI 9
Way in Over My Head!
Citrus Heights, California
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2011, 12:16:22 PM »

I just spent nearly $1000.00 on baseboard, window trim, and crown molding in my house and that was for paint grade pine.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
Seayfam

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2011, 12:26:42 PM »

Gary do you need a son, brother or other blood relative?  Grin

Grant-your lost relative!!!!

LOL!!! As a matter of fact, I do! My kids don't ever seem to want to help with the projects. I'm working on building a house right now.  Grin

8V92 turbo 740 auto
grantgoold

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2011, 08:10:05 PM »

How cold is it in Alaska right now? That will factor big on my adoption into the new family.  Grin Grin

Grant

Grant Goold
1984 MCI 9
Way in Over My Head!
Citrus Heights, California
Seayfam

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2011, 09:25:14 PM »

Put it this way... My bus is all winterized and sitting on blocks for two weeks now. Last week is snowed 2" here at the house. Sad We are averaging 20's at night and 40's during the day.
I should just pull the bus off of the blocks and find someone down in sunny California to adopt me. LOL!!!

But really, if those cabinets include everything in the bus from the bedroom closets and night stands, bathroom, kitchen, all the living cabinets and entertainment cabinets, I think it's fair. (That's if it's all high quality wood used?) Here in Alaska, just an average custom kitchen with quality wood, could cost 15k. A bus has far more woodwork front to rear than your average kitchen, not to mention all the radius's.

8V92 turbo 740 auto
Joe Camper

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2011, 05:00:56 AM »

I had a real eye opening experience when I built tables for our bus. We are in Chicago and just by chance the place we located for the wood veneer for our tables was the place that Liberty coaches uses as a supplier for their cabinates as well as the laminate and wood veneers they use in their conversions.

We bought butterfly maple veneer for the tops. It was the ONLY veneer product they had we could afford in the entire place. 165 bucks for a 4 by 8 sheet we needed 2. They had exotic wood sheets most were 600+ stuff a 4 by 8 sheet with bookended designs and patters that in order to center the designs in the tops would facilitate a huge amount of waste in the process to boot Shocked.

The ply that they were using to build the cabinates I have never even seen in a home supply store. It was of the stuff that pattern makers use to build blanks and original designs 100 bucks a sheet possibly more. Not a flaw anywhere, either side. Absolutely perfectly straight edge flat.

On a side note for the original poster here. I spoke with 1 converter in particular who told me the inside walls on a prevo shell are true but only to  within 1/4 in give or take and because of this every install is scribed in order to fit the radius of the inside walls. The winner of that interior will still have to do some custom fit here and there to fit the particular bus it ends up in.

Signing off from Cook County Ill. where the dead vote, frequently.
MEverard

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2011, 05:45:50 AM »

Being a cabinetmaker I think for starters that it is more then a fair price. Materials may be one cost but labor isn't cheap, unless they are outsourced to another country.

Joe, if the the cabinets only needed to be scribed a 1/4", I would be amazed. I would imagine that a fair amount of work would be involved installing them. However, our own time is all we have, so it would be worth it.

Mike

Mike Everard
1960 GMC PD4104-4520
Antioch, CA
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2011, 05:52:36 AM »

So you have only 1/7 th of the conversion cost. Do you have a new shell to put it in or at least a late model.  Putting 20 to 25 grand worth of cabinets in a 20 grand shell when finished is worth 40 grand = loss of % grand plus we still have everything else to buy gen sets plumbing electrical etc etc etc air etc.Get the picture.  Now If your building a coach in the finished price range in the (todays Market of $140,000) please dis regard this entry.  Just my demented observation.     Plus I have taken one of these Alabama coaches apart.  Not! Liberty Quality. I threw the cabinets in the dumpster. Will say I do not know if it is the same builder and I sure hope not..  Do the math.. Now jump on me..  Bob  Ps while I was posting MEverard posted .I'm doing a 98 now it's fairly true in it's measurements.  1/4 would prob be consistent. I'm no cabinet maker but building on budget and 25,000$ worth of cabinets plus bus value would exceed bus resale valve.

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2011, 06:22:07 AM »

On the subject of shaping the cabinets to fit the bus:- in boatbuilding, where the inside of the hull is a different shape at every point, the builders don't even try to get a perfect fit when bonding cabinets and bulkheads etc to the hull. The bonding is done with epoxy fillets, which bridge any gaps, are very quick to create, and are frequently stronger than the thing being glued.

It's possible a similar technique could be used when attaching cabinets into a bus, perhaps with Sikaflex fillets. The immensely heavy windows in my bus are held in by nothing other than Sikaflex, so I expect it could be used to attach cabinets to the wall with no concern. I doubt whether a Sikaflex fillet could be nearly as big as an epoxy fillet though, so the basic fit of the two parts would need to be closer before the fillet was run into the gap.

Jeremy

(PS. I've just Googled 'Sikaflex fillets' and come across various references to them being used in aircraft construction)

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: