Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 01, 2014, 07:23:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally - pictures of my Dina  (Read 1250 times)
belfert

« on: October 12, 2006, 07:48:19 AM »

Here are some photos of my Dina.  I finally got them resized.
belfert

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 07:49:11 AM »

Another one.
belfert

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 07:49:59 AM »

And the last one.
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 08:19:38 AM »

sweet!!!

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
Dave Siegel

Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 08:21:57 AM »

Nice looking coach. I really like those large front windshields. Have you been able to do anything to the interior yet?

Dave Siegel

Dave & Jan Siegel    1948 GMC  "Silversides"
               Naples, Florida
   Dave is Host to the "Help Assist Pages"
  (Free roadside help for Bus Conversions)
         www.help-assist-list.com
belfert

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2006, 08:33:23 AM »

Nice looking coach. I really like those large front windshields. Have you been able to do anything to the interior yet?

The one problem with the windshields is I can't attach any mirrors that go below the windshield since it starts so low.  I bought some mirrors that mount elsewhere that I think will work.

The interior is pretty far along.  The only thing left to make it usable is to install the freshwater plumbing.  (Drain plumbing is done.)  The bunks are done and the bathroom has shower, toilet, and sink installed.  I have yet to start on the kitchen, but I can survive without that for now.

I only wish the oil leak was fixed and the front door closed properly.  (Wiating for service manuals to evaluate oil leak.)

Brian Elfert
Runcutter

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2006, 08:38:08 AM »

Brian, now that's nice.  You mention mirrors - is there any way to mount the new style mirrors from the top (I think Setras, maybe Van Hools) have them)?  I don't know about appearance, but if you have a blind spot issue with the current mirrors, it may be an option.

Glad to see you posting on the board - I'm new here, but have gained a lot from your comments/experience.

Arthur Gaudet   Carrollton, TX

Arthur Gaudet    Carrollton (Dallas area) Texas 
1968 PD-4107

Working in the bus industry provides us a great opportunity - to be of service to others
belfert

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2006, 09:25:52 AM »

Brian, now that's nice.  You mention mirrors - is there any way to mount the new style mirrors from the top (I think Setras, maybe Van Hools) have them)?  I don't know about appearance, but if you have a blind spot issue with the current mirrors, it may be an option.

There is a minor blind spot problem with the current mirrors, but they main issue is they just plain suck compared to most RV/Bus mirrors.  JD at C&J Bus Repair commented on the bad mirrors the first day he used them when he had to back it into a parking spot.  They are very narrow and don't show very much of the road.

I did buy a set of mirrors for $300 from RontheBusNut that are like what the newer Setras have.  I just got them Saturday and haven't had much time to figure out how to mount them. 

Brian Elfert
gr8njt

MCI-9 Crusader II

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2006, 12:10:53 PM »

There is a minor blind spot problem with the current mirrors, but they main issue is they just plain suck compared to most RV/Bus mirrors.  JD at C&J Bus Repair commented on the bad mirrors the first day he used them when he had to back it into a parking spot.  They are very narrow and don't show very much of the road.
I did buy a set of mirrors for $300 from RontheBusNut that are like what the newer Setras have.  I just got them Saturday and haven't had much time to figure out how to mount them. 
Brian Elfert
Good looking Dina there Brian. Good price for the mirrors too.
That is exactly what I did with my MCI-9 but had to fabricate a mounting bracket out of 304 SS. This setup, IMHO, it gives the coach a more unique look that sets it apart from a similar make bus.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 12:13:54 PM by gr8njt » Logged

****1982 MCI-9 Crusader-II Bus Conversion****
R&M 102 C-3 style Front & Rear cap with louver kit
smooth side kit, dash-board kit, one piece siding
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2006, 02:36:38 PM »

Hi Brian,

BRAVO...MARCOPOLO.... Dina's are way Cool!

Hay, how about posting the pics. in Post Your Bus Pics. Thread?

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: