Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 28, 2014, 04:04:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tow Dolly or Car Trailer???  (Read 4691 times)
keithshotrodshop

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2006, 05:41:21 AM »

Dave, did you ever decide what to do? I'm curious how it worked out. One of the major reasons I bought my silversides is to be the tow rig for my antique cars and 4x4 projects. I will be using my 18 foot deck trailer to tow things behind. Just ran across this old post and was curious what your final decision was. Keith
kingfa39

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2006, 07:52:53 AM »

i like my tow dollie, it is a demco which steers like the front of a car so no problems going around corners, i use the existing lights on the car and ran a plug to the front of the car, i can hook it all up in 5 minutes, i can drive 70 mph, never had a problem with it except a flat tire because the dollie had car tires on it instead of trailer tires. i have never had a problem leaving it hooked up in camp grounds , however it can easally be pushed up under the back of the bus which is 35 ft. everybody has there opinions but since ive never had a problem towing this way i think its a good way to go. The bus dont even know the car is back there. but i would recomend a rear camera so you can keep an eye on the car. you can have a flat on the car or dollie and not even know it , my two cents.
Frank Allen
Bosshosssport96

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2006, 08:59:17 AM »

The only thing I can add to a tow dolly,is to make sure it has surge  brakes. I think a dolly is the way to go.........Frank
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: