Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 22, 2014, 05:53:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can this be done?  (Read 745 times)
uemjg
jerry

Ignore
« on: October 14, 2011, 03:54:52 PM »

I have (2) 2000 watt inverter/chargers with 120vac in and 120vac out.  Could take the hot legs from both inverters and connet them to a breaker box to get 220 circuits and 120 circuits?

Assuming that proper neutral and ground connections are made.
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 04:51:55 PM »

I basically do not know what I am talking about here, but that doesn't stop me from trying sometimes anyway.  I believe there is likely to be a phase issue, but it might work for a resistance heater.  My answer is not to be taken as particularly useful, I am just making a quiz show guess.  Just curious, what type of 220 appliance are you planning on running off batteries?

You don't have to believe everything you think.
Sean
Geek.

'85 Neoplan Spaceliner "Odyssey"

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 05:05:06 PM »

It can only be done with inverters that are specifically made for the purpose.  Such inverters then need to have their control boards connected to one another with what is usually called a "paralleling" cable, so the inverters can work together to stay in sync.

If you have inverters that are not made for this, or two inverters of different brands, then, no, it can not be done.

-Sean
http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com

Full-timing in a 1985 Neoplan Spaceliner since 2004.
Our blog: http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com
uemjg
jerry

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 05:40:16 PM »

Glad I asked.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: