Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 20, 2014, 06:29:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: water coming in around breastplate - Eagle 05  (Read 625 times)
thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« on: October 15, 2011, 01:02:58 PM »

Somehow changing our carpet has gotten me into disassembling the dash area.  Actually good thing it did...  

I pulled off some panels and have found some rotten plywood in the far right corner next to where the door is.  Doesn't look like it will be too bad to patch up but I was wondering if anybody can suggest where to look for the leak.  It is still wet to the touch, so it is coming in even now.  There is a small crack in some body filler at the post between the windshield and door... Also some cracked filler in the the door jamb.  Think that is enough to allow that much water in?

Here are some pics of the area....

Notice in the last picture... It looks like somebody made a new breastplate out of the side of another old Trailways bus, doesn't it?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 01:07:27 PM by thejumpsuitman » Logged

"Life is like a game of Pool... No matter how bad it looks, you take your shot."
thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 01:42:59 PM »

Had another look... Pulled out all the old insulation and shop vacuumed it out.  It has gotten wet in the middle behind the front heater core as well.  Very hard to say where it has come in from.  Nothing obvious.  I guess I will check the clearance light gaskets and look closely for cracks in the windshield gaskets.  More ideas welcome.  Don't want to put in new wood just to have it get wet again!

"Life is like a game of Pool... No matter how bad it looks, you take your shot."
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 05:04:14 PM »

Could it be that your heater core or a hose is leaking?

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
rgrauto

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 06:16:05 PM »

Mark you may find that leak by getting someone to spray water while you look with a very bright light.
 Get them to tell you where they are applying the water as it makes it easier to trace the leak. Also we enjoyed you singing at the Cove, HTH ,Glen & Patsy Rice
eagle19952

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 07:03:49 PM »

Pressure washer.

Donald PH
1978 Model 05 Eagle w/Torsilastic Suspension,8V71 NA, DDAllison on 24.5's 12kw Kubota.
Wants Paint Smiley
Previously owned by Wee Willie Ent.
thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 07:04:57 PM »

Thanks Glenn, enjoyed your playing too!  

I think I may have found the leak.  There is a blister at the inside edge of the right windshield.  I picked at it and it looks like water has gotten in.  It's still damp in there...  Amazing how much water can get in through such a small leak.  

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: