Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 22, 2014, 01:05:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Netiquette and recent board posts  (Read 1094 times)
plyons
Administrator

Bussin' in Tennessee

« on: October 14, 2006, 07:40:05 AM »

Hi folks,

There have been some rather heated exchanges on the BBS recently.  Just to dispel any rumors; nobody has been banned, in fact, it's not even been discussed by the moderators.

There have been some posts deleted.  That has nothing to do with favoritism, or other hidden motives.  Four letter words, name calling, etc., will always be deleted or edited when it is spotted.  When we sense baiting, it will also be deleted, or  responded to by a moderator.  Unfortunately, t is harder to spot and interpret baiting sometimes when if/when it occurs.  Neither of these kinds of posts (baiting, put downs, name calling or whatever else)  are in line with the goals of Mike (MAK) in having this board. Mike wants "no bad mouthing of any individual".  So, that is what we try to enforce.   

The moderators work very hard to keep the board from degenerating into what it used to be.  We would like this board to be a fun, informative, safe place for busnuts to exchange information, humor, ideas, questions, and even a rambling story or two - as I myself have been known to put forth from time to time.  These are our objectives.  There has not been an exchange between moderators that I have ever seen that went along the lines of "let's dump this mug, 'cause I like this other mug better".  Just doesn't happen, and it's not what this is all about.  Moderators were all selected based on love of bussing as a hobby, and a desire to provide a fun, safe environment.

I enjoy posts of all our busnuts - bar none!  I really hope differences can be worked out.  Personally, I don't want any of our members to leave.  This is a great group.  More than great in fact.  Anyone considering that, please take your time and reconsider!  Every individual adds a uniqueness to the board which really makes this place happen.

We will continue to work to keep things running smoothly, but we do make mistakes and miss things.  No question.  That's where we really appreciate how the rest of the community jumps in and helps -either by encouraging, or notifying moderators that something is out of place. 

Well, OK, I see I've put forth another rambling post -  Cheesy

Kind regards to all,  please let me/us know any concerns or questions -

Phil

Brian Diehl

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 07:44:29 AM »

Phil, again, I must say you and the others are making this a great place to hang out.  Thank you again for all your time and effort you spend working on this bulletin board.  Keep up the good work.

-Brian
Buffalo SpaceShip

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 07:50:45 AM »

Another Brian chiming in: yes, thanks much to the moderators and MAK for making this an awesome BBS!

Brian B.

Brian Brown
4108-216 w/ V730
Longmont, CO
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2006, 08:31:23 AM »

Thanks to Mike & his band of merry moderators, this is a great board!

No one likes to be criticised.

Constructive criticism is hard to take.

Positive constructive criticism is even harder to give.

Thanks Phil, for the great post.

To all moderators, I'll thank you for removing or editing my post when I cross the line. (I try not to, but sometimes.......) You make this board better for it & I learn from it.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2006, 09:34:30 AM »

I also appreciate the quality of this board and the responsible moderators that help keep it that way.  I participate in several forums on various fields of interest (mostly servers and web site related) and I have to say that in spite of occasional rubbing or ribbing, this is one of the most polite and comfortable boards out there.  I think that is a testimony both to the moderators and to the good nature and civility of the members.

On the topic of netiquette, the following link is to a site that is a good read for anyone that participates in an online community of any kind:

The Core Rules of Netiquette

Nothing really eath shattering there, more like a reminder of what we already know.
Connel
Eagle 05 w/Ser60 & HD4060PR

Day Eagle landed & before total rebuild.

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2006, 11:29:23 AM »

Keep up the GREAT work you guys do and for MAK hosting a busnut forum.

THANKS TO ALL!!

Central Oklahoma

Refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: