Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 29, 2014, 05:09:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First Timer: Looking at Buying a Shell to Convert... A Few Questions for you guy  (Read 2721 times)
demodriver

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2011, 05:57:27 PM »

I know a guy who would sell you a nice eagle shell with low miles for the right price Grin Its in Indiana.
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2011, 07:26:37 PM »

I am in Florida

Jason -

Horizon Coach in Arcadia would be well worth the two hour drive to see a bunch of conversion coaches.  They've also been a strong supporter of the big winter bus rally held in Arcadia over New Year's weekend.  Nice folk.

There are several busnuts in FL, several of whom frequent this forum, as well as the BBS @ www.busnut.com.  They have a good handle on who to see and who not to see. 

Oh, and caveat emptor: Sam Walker.  Google his name including "bus" and you'll see what I mean.

For $50-60K, you can buy one hell of a coach right now from a distressed seller!

FWIW & HTH. . .

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
wildbob24

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2011, 08:11:23 PM »

Thank you so much everyone... Do you guys have any tips on where to find a shell? What sites are listing them, etc. I am in Florida, but willing to travel for the right bus.

Jason

Jason,

I'd do a Craigslist search. There's always a bunch of buses for sale in FL. This one has potential:

http://orlando.craigslist.org/for/2656387505.html

Bob

P8M4905A-1308, 8V71 w/V730
Custom Coach Conversion
Duluth, GA
JBerg85

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2011, 03:48:30 PM »

I'd do a Craigslist search. There's always a bunch of buses for sale in FL. This one has potential:
http://orlando.craigslist.org/for/2656387505.html

Hey Bob,

I went and looked at this coach today... Guy went down to 4k on the price. Said it used to be owned by a Church, and he bought it about a year ago. He pulled out the seats, restroom, and over head units. It had the auxiliary ac in the back that worked. started and ran good... He already has the title as MH. He is a bus driver for the local Lynx here in Orlando, and is moving so wants to get rid of it.

It seams like a great deal, but this is the first one I have looked at and I am just scared to jump in on the first one I look at. I feel I need to (as many have said) look at 10-15 before buying one so I know exactly what I'm looking for... and... To be honest, in the back of my mind I still want a prevost...

So everyone on here... Do you guys think it is possible to get a Prevost at least a 85 for under 10k for a shell and good motor, etc? or am i dreaming?

Was this a good deal for 4k? whats your guys thoughts?

Thanks again everyone...

Jason
Winter Park, Florida
wildbob24

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2011, 04:16:16 PM »

Jason,

Assuming the MCI doesn't need any major repairs, I'd consider that a very good deal.  However, if your heart is set on a French bus, you might want to take a little trip and look at this one:

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/cto/2650453359.html

Most Prevosts I've seen in your price range need major work, like an engine or transmission overhaul.

Bob

P8M4905A-1308, 8V71 w/V730
Custom Coach Conversion
Duluth, GA
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2011, 04:20:39 PM »

not a bad looker. And you would be in it at scrap value if it were junk.  They don't come much cheaper running.

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
JBerg85

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2011, 04:40:08 PM »

Hey Bob,

What do you think I'm looking at price wise to get a late 80's to early 90's provost body style like your 89 just as a shell?

I know this one is a good deal, but its the MCI, and like yourself, I just love the look of the Prevosts...

Jason

Jason
Winter Park, Florida
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2011, 04:47:35 PM »

I think Fred got his mid 80's in the 10 Grand range from a tour operator that is out of Sebring  with a office in Ocola Can't remember name now.  But had all records with it.  He is a board member and goes by Pete359EX .  Maybe he will see this.  I know they are phasing out their older prevost.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 04:50:14 PM by robertglines1 » Logged

JBerg85

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2011, 05:06:25 PM »

Thanks Bob.. also BTW nice job on your slides, I just saw the pictures... When I find my shell, I hope you don't mind but I will be looking to you for advice... Smiley You seam to be about pro at it now... I am also, like your 89 wanting to do 2 slides on the drivers side...

Jason
Winter Park, Florida
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2011, 05:15:25 PM »

Never a pro just charging blindly into the unknown not knowing I couldn't do it.  Do it your way . Good luck.  Bob

RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2011, 08:03:30 PM »

That Tampa Prevost is an ex-Border Patrol coach.

School bus seats and a cage to keep the animals at bay.

Often run hard, put away semi-wet.

FWIW & HTH. . .

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: