Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 24, 2014, 05:50:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We made it safely back home to central old Mexico!  (Read 428 times)
Mex-Busnut

Ignore
« on: October 22, 2011, 09:50:33 AM »

Dear Friends,

Happy to report we made it safe all the way home last night, in spite of all the violence in Mexico's northern border states.

I  really wanted to connect with a few more bus nuts (We only got to meet Big John in Tyler, TX and John Vickers in Palestine. Both were educational visits! Thanks, guys!), and also wanted to attend the Choo Choo rally. However, my Mom's health is continually delining, so we felt we needed to get back home.

Managed to pick up some things for our bus: Roof vents, holding tank monitor and valves, electical connections, etc.

Hopefully in a few months, we can make the trip in our bus.

Thanks to all who kept us in your prayers!

Dr. Steve, San Juan del Río, Querétaro, Mexico, North America, Planet Earth, Milky Way.
1981 Dina Olímpico (Flxible Flxliner clone), 6V92TA Detroit Diesel
Rockwell model RM135A 9-speed manual tranny.
Jake brakes
100 miles North West of Mexico City, Mexico. 6,800 feet altitude.
Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 09:56:01 AM »

That's good news, Dr. Steve.  Glad to hear that you and yours are safe and I hope that the trip was useful and enjoyable.  It sounds as if you were able to fit a lot in, and that's a good thing.  I'm sorry to hear about your mother (I lost mine a few years ago after a declining illness and many parts of that process are difficult) - best wishes and prayers for that journey.
       Good luck catching up with "life" at home, and finally, best wishes on getting some progress made on your bus. 

Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long
6-cyl, 4-stroke, Leyland O-680 engine

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: