Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 21, 2014, 05:18:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bus Converter needed............  (Read 2685 times)
Dave Siegel

Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything!

Ignore
« on: October 15, 2006, 04:39:31 AM »

My son-in-law runs a Dermatological Lab (in the Boca area) and their office has decided that they would like a mobile medical facility built from a bus. Does anyone have a recommendation for a builder here in Florida? I think he is looking for something like that mobile Dental Office that was featured a couple of months ago in Bus Conversions magazine.

Thanks,

Dave Siegel

Dave & Jan Siegel    1948 GMC  "Silversides"
               Naples, Florida
   Dave is Host to the "Help Assist Pages"
  (Free roadside help for Bus Conversions)
         www.help-assist-list.com
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 06:48:23 AM »

Hey Dave,

I'd go straight to the MAN who makes his living doing just that! Converting buses ! Our very own MAK (Mike) the very one who owns bus cinversion magazine, this board, MAK bus sales and etc. He should be able to do what's needed or direct you to a repitable source closer to ya! Just my thoughts for what they're worth! BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Dave Siegel

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 07:54:19 AM »

You're absolutely right B.K. What about it MAK, would you be willing to do a conversion similiar to the Dentists come to you vehicle. You know how to contact me.

That's a great idea, and could make another great story.

Dave

Naples, Florida
         www.help-assist-list.com
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2006, 08:01:26 AM »

Or Fred Hobe in Florida?

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
mak

Southern California location

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2006, 08:10:53 AM »

Well I appreciate all the good words, but MAK (me) does not do conversion work... unless it's a Moose Creek Motorcabin.  Just too much work, to many little things that ad up, and doing business in the State of California is not something I would wish upon anybody.  I'm sure there are plenty of others around to do the deed.

I may have started it, but you'll have to finish it!
Located in So CA (Orange County)
Paul

Will it ever be done?

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2006, 09:25:52 AM »

Try EVOLUTION  CUSTOM  COACH
13 Burwick Street
White Haven, PA. 18661
Tollefree 866 332 5100
www.evolutioncustomcoach.com

They were doing a medical lab when I was there last year.

Hope this helps
Paul

Paul
http://www.incredibus.com
1988 MCI 102A3 /8V92 /740 /10" Roof Raise
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2006, 09:28:49 AM »

Sounds like a Jack Conrad or Bruce Knee job to me.
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
niles500
Niles500

ROSIE

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2006, 09:36:25 AM »

call featherlite in Sanford Fla.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2006, 10:33:17 AM »

Featherlite in Sanford " Vantare " May have one sitting on the lot.

I thought I saw a mobile office bus sitting there last week when I went by.

I guess it would also depend on how much $$$$ they would want to invest,
Maybe leasing one already built would be the better way to go.

Millenium Coach is 3 blocks west of Featherlite on the same street.

The other one to check would be " 5-R Coaches " Also in Sanford at the I-4 Business Park
off Hwy 46 across from the Town Center Mall, All the way in the back of the park ( to the North ).
They build the truck-based conversions and specialty conversions & towables.

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
Ace

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2006, 12:54:07 PM »

Dave do you have any idea as to how much this company wants to spend and what time frame they are looking at having it done!

I'm kind of out of work (my choice) and it really isn't that hard once you know what you want. My bus is my reference and my source is always willing if the price and time is right!

Ace
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2006, 06:19:09 AM »

Dave do you have any idea as to how much this company wants to spend and what time frame they are looking at having it done!

I'm kind of out of work (my choice) and it really isn't that hard once you know what you want. My bus is my reference and my source is always willing if the price and time is right!

Ace

Ace if it's anything like usual. They want it done yesterday, and for less than the shell costs! LOL!

Just kidd'n Dave, but seriously many times I'm asked about doing stuff off the wall by someone and they are floored when they find out how much $ it'll take. All the sudden it's not that big of prioity ! BK  Grin

PS But I have been wrong b4 he could have a couple of million laying around and needs a tax write off to show for it too!

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
ChuckMC8

1977 MC8 and 1993 102C3 Temple Ga #322 F&AM

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2006, 03:33:42 PM »

Dave, I occasionaly see buses on ebay that are mobile dental labs or bloodmobile or such......if you/he bought one of these, they sell cheap and it would probably only take some "modifying" ( I dont know how much) to fit his needs...anyway, it would be a great start and save some $$$$ . It would probably be easier to find someone to do that "modifyng" than starting from scratch....  HTH Chuck

Far better is it to dare mighty things,to win glorious triumphs,even though they may be checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much,because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.  Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)
Ross

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2006, 04:08:17 PM »

Ace

Ace if it's anything like usual. They want it done yesterday, and for less than the shell costs! LOL!

Just kidd'n Dave, but seriously many times I'm asked about doing stuff off the wall by someone and they are floored when they find out how much $ it'll take. All the sudden it's not that big of prioity ! BK  Grin

PS But I have been wrong b4 he could have a couple of million laying around and needs a tax write off to show for it too!

A budget discussion right off the bat will put the dreamers on the bench real fast.  Even large companies with deep pockets can be clueless when it comes to this sort of thing.

Ross
niles500
Niles500

ROSIE

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2006, 11:22:35 PM »

Just in the nick of time ......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1989-BLUE-BIRD-40FT-MEDICAL-BUS-RV-ONLY-9389-MILES_W0QQitemZ300039109545QQihZ020QQcategoryZ6728QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles
Dave Siegel

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2006, 05:09:00 AM »

Wow Niles, that was fantastic......I sent the link to my son-in-law just now. That this looks great. Thank you.

Dave Siegel

Naples, Florida
         www.help-assist-list.com
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2006, 07:32:48 AM »

Since I am in the chassis side of the business, I only want to warn of a couple of things that I've seen.  Dental anything is exteremly expensive. The bus will have to have non septic materials used, have a medically approved water filtering system, oiless air supply.  Not uncommon to see a 2 bay mobil dental office to add $500,000 to the price of the bus shell.  But- the nice thing about the expensive equipment, it usually has a long life to it.  That Blue Bird on E bay might work, but I would go for one with a higher roof considering the overhead equipment typical for a dental opertorium.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
belfert

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2006, 07:40:47 AM »

With all the medical malpractice stuff these days, one would assume that a dental lab on wheels would need to be done by a established converter that has good insurance in case a mistake is made during the conversion process that ultimately harms a patient.

Also, the insurer for the ultimate owner of the conversion is probably going to want to be sure the converter is reputable and has full insurance.

Brian Elfert
Dave Siegel

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2006, 07:48:07 AM »

Maybe I misled you, and said Dental but my son-in-law is a Pathologist for a large Dermotology Group in the West Palm Beach, Florida area. I do not believe they see patients, I think they review dermotology conditions and want to get closer to the source.

I know what you mean about sterility and quality of medical components. They are pricey and yes, they do last a long time. I think the application here, though, is more of a rolling laboratory.

Dave Siegel

Naples, Florida
         www.help-assist-list.com
belfert

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2006, 10:47:42 AM »

The same legal issues will apply no matter what sort of medical speciality a conversion is used for.  That bus on Ebay might be a good choice for a rolling labratory.

The budget is a big issue here.  If they want a new coach chassis with new conversion, they will probably be talking $1 million easy.  There was a 2005 or 2006 medical facility built in a new Prevost selling on Ebay recently and I thought it was listed at $900,000.

Brian Elfert
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: