Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 01, 2014, 02:50:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bus Converter needed............  (Read 2625 times)
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2006, 07:32:48 AM »

Since I am in the chassis side of the business, I only want to warn of a couple of things that I've seen.  Dental anything is exteremly expensive. The bus will have to have non septic materials used, have a medically approved water filtering system, oiless air supply.  Not uncommon to see a 2 bay mobil dental office to add $500,000 to the price of the bus shell.  But- the nice thing about the expensive equipment, it usually has a long life to it.  That Blue Bird on E bay might work, but I would go for one with a higher roof considering the overhead equipment typical for a dental opertorium.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
belfert

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2006, 07:40:47 AM »

With all the medical malpractice stuff these days, one would assume that a dental lab on wheels would need to be done by a established converter that has good insurance in case a mistake is made during the conversion process that ultimately harms a patient.

Also, the insurer for the ultimate owner of the conversion is probably going to want to be sure the converter is reputable and has full insurance.

Brian Elfert
Dave Siegel

Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2006, 07:48:07 AM »

Maybe I misled you, and said Dental but my son-in-law is a Pathologist for a large Dermotology Group in the West Palm Beach, Florida area. I do not believe they see patients, I think they review dermotology conditions and want to get closer to the source.

I know what you mean about sterility and quality of medical components. They are pricey and yes, they do last a long time. I think the application here, though, is more of a rolling laboratory.

Dave Siegel

Dave & Jan Siegel    1948 GMC  "Silversides"
               Naples, Florida
   Dave is Host to the "Help Assist Pages"
  (Free roadside help for Bus Conversions)
         www.help-assist-list.com
belfert

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2006, 10:47:42 AM »

The same legal issues will apply no matter what sort of medical speciality a conversion is used for.  That bus on Ebay might be a good choice for a rolling labratory.

The budget is a big issue here.  If they want a new coach chassis with new conversion, they will probably be talking $1 million easy.  There was a 2005 or 2006 medical facility built in a new Prevost selling on Ebay recently and I thought it was listed at $900,000.

Brian Elfert
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: