Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 29, 2014, 04:01:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lots of questions-newbie needs help...please!  (Read 2409 times)
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2006, 05:11:27 AM »

Chaz- the nice thing about Diesel Secret, is it does not have the lye or methenol it that makes the rubber parts deteriorate.  To 20 gals of veg oil you add 2 gal of Kerosene, 1 gal of gasoline (to improve combustion speed), about a cup of Power Service Diesel fuel additive and a few ounces of the Diesel Secret.  I haven't tried it yet, but am going to in the next few weeks on my MB Turbodiesel (they are the least sensitive to alternative fuels-in other words they are the best to use with BioDiesel)  Good Luck, TomC

Tom,

I'm getting the feeling you have a vested interest in pushing this snake oil. You admit you haven't even tried it yourself, but this is at least the third post you've put on the board extolling the virtues of this highly questionable concoction. I really think this is ill advised, and question your motives in these posts. I don't know of anyone who would run this stuff in their bus and risk damaging thier engine. Even a simple google search will turn up multiple references indicating this stuff is garbage.

I just think that until you have tried it, or can at least point to some independent testing on the product, that you are doing a disservice to the less experienced members of this board by touting it here. Maybe there's some actual valid test data out there that I'm not aware of, but I sure couldn't find it the last time you brought this up. Certainly would be interested in seeing it, if you can provide it.

Craig

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2006, 05:17:15 AM »

I see someone else fell for the "Diesel Secret" Nonsense hook line & sinker.
There is NO secret other than the bank account improvement of the sellers.

You can run almost any Detroit 2-stroke on 100% veggie if you thin the fliud down with heat.
I run 70% SVO ( Filtered Used Veggie ) and 30% Pump diesel with no ( Not ANY ) modifications,
reformulations or "Secrets" and my 6V92TA actually runs better in our temperate climate.

A little anti-gunking stuff is added to keep the biologicals at bay but that's all.

I run an Isuzu Diesel NPR truck with the 4BD1T engine on 100% veggie ( no mods at all )
it starts, runs and still gets 17-20 mpg.

Thinning the mix with Kero and Gasoline is the "Only Secret" in that deal. Sorry I almost fell for their
nonsense until I looked at how the "Additive" supposedly works. It turned out that the additive is
not the magic part of the formula. My opinion so whatever... Roll Eyes

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2006, 07:24:25 AM »

Gumpy- point well taken. The next post on the fuel additive will only be after several tank fulls in my MB.  I anticipate that towards Christmas.  I have no agenda other than passing information.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2006, 08:38:53 AM »

Gumpy- point well taken. The next post on the fuel additive will only be after several tank fulls in my MB.  I anticipate that towards Christmas.  I have no agenda other than passing information.  Good Luck, TomC

Thank you.

And for any others who might be inclined to follow Tom's lead and throw good money after some hoax, I suggest you educate yourself FIRST, and a good place to start is http://forums.biodieselnow.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7826. Follow ALL the links, and you'll find all the information you could ever need about this scam. Learn from other's mistakes and investigations. You're not the first person to want to believe in the magic elixer. Remember Ponce de Leon?

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: