Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
November 18, 2017, 04:20:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Red puddle under front end  (Read 771 times)
natepelton

Ignore
« on: February 18, 2012, 04:48:23 PM »

I went to add oil to the engine from the reservoir and mistakenly opened both valves. I didn't know that one went to the manual transmission. The bus is parked on a slight incline to the front of the bus. A day or so after I added the engine oil I noticed the puddle under the front end. I didn't use red oil, but I'm hoping what I used pushed out whatever was in there and it overflowed onto the ground. Otherwise I have another issue to track down. It's winter here right now and the bus isn't on the road so no rush without outside work, but would like to know what is going on. It's dripping front right under the spare tire. I have to lower the spare tire panel to see what's going on. Live and learn.
-Nate

Nate Pelton
1983 Prevost LeMirage
North Creek, NY
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 05:40:44 PM »

I expect you will find your power steering is using transmission fluid, which is fine.

The level will be lower...and the red puddle is a leak up under there somewhere in that system.

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 07:30:41 PM »

Nate open door driver side right lower under toll window and you will see power steering hose connections to box. They run from there one piece to the rear luggage bay wall thru center tunnel. There is a splice/connection there that  goes the rest of the way to the pump/reservoir.

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: