Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 31, 2014, 06:00:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cutting Holes Through Bottom of Cargo Bay  (Read 2902 times)
Jerry32

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2011, 06:46:40 AM »

I don't use the slinky hose as they always go bad. I bought the sewer solution long ago and it has a 1" hose and has lasted for many years.

1988 MCI 102A3 8V92TA 740
Scott Bennett
Scott & Heather MCI-9

Scott & Heather

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2011, 03:41:39 PM »

Ditto on the sewer solution. I love it...I'll never go back to a slinky hose. That being said, I've cut a notch out of the BAY DOOR itself along the bottom edge. Just another way...and eliminates the underneath clearance issue.

Scott & Heather
1984 MCI9 6V92-turbo with 9 inch roof raise & conversion in progress.
http://www.scottmichaelbennett.com/p/our-bus.html
˙ǝɯoɔlǝʍ suoıʇɐuop ˙snq ʍǝu ɐ pǝǝu ʎlqɐqoɹd ll,ǝʍ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 HT-740 Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2011, 06:50:32 PM »

5\8" hose through the bottom, also won't ever  go back to 3" flex hose. Mine is hooked to a disposerator 3\4 HSP. Works like a dream

belfert

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2011, 05:19:17 PM »

Do you guys really use the Sewer Solution for regular dumping of tanks at a dump station?  Doesn't it take way too long?

I own a Sewer Solution for dumping at home, but it generally takes 15 to 20 minutes to empty my tank.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Scott Bennett
Scott & Heather MCI-9

Scott & Heather

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2011, 07:24:23 PM »

Not at a dumping station..slinky is best for that, but when I'm at a full hookup site (like now) I use the sewer solution. I have a 100 gallon black/grey combo tank and it doesn't take nearly 20 minutes to drain...rather about 5-7 minutes...I just go outside, turn on the valves, open the dump valve and let er fly. Then I go about working on some outside project until I hear the sewer solution burp signaling it's done. Easy, clean, and effective.

Scott & Heather
gus

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2011, 04:03:45 PM »

Scott,

You're a very brave man. Considering the very high pressure the macerator pump puts on the smaller hose there is a very real possibility it could burst - I don't have the nerve to walk away from mine for even a minute!!

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Scott Bennett
Scott & Heather MCI-9

Scott & Heather

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2011, 04:18:39 PM »

Scott,
You're a very brave man. Considering the very high pressure the macerator pump puts on the smaller hose there is a very real possibility it could burst - I don't have the nerve to walk away from mine for even a minute!!

Shocked Yuck! The Sewer Solution I use isn't actually a macerator..rather it merely uses water-jet power to liquify the..um...tank contents as they drain past the water jet. Not a whole lot of pressure actually. And, the hose is thick stuff...super thick walled. Hose is stainless hose clamped at both ends and after the 10 foot hose, it's all 1 inch pvc from there to the drain. Again, not a ton of pressure, but it's effective. My current run is 40 feet and slightly uphill.  Undecided Go figure. Who designs these lots?

Scott & Heather
gus

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2012, 04:20:13 PM »

Never heard of the injection pump system like you have? Sounds like a good system. However, considering all the money I have in my portable macerator I have to stick to it.

I agree, that probably doesn't have much pressure.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Scott Bennett
Scott & Heather MCI-9

Scott & Heather

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2012, 05:36:08 AM »

Never heard of the injection pump system like you have? Sounds like a good system. However, considering all the money I have in my portable macerator I have to stick to it.

I agree, that probably doesn't have much pressure.

Yeah, basically "drain assistance" more than anything. But enough water jet propulsion to keep things moving down the line...again, even on a slight uphill.

Scott & Heather
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: