Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
April 19, 2014, 02:40:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cutting Holes Through Bottom of Cargo Bay  (Read 2558 times)
Jerry32

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2011, 06:46:40 AM »

I don't use the slinky hose as they always go bad. I bought the sewer solution long ago and it has a 1" hose and has lasted for many years.

1988 MCI 102A3 8V92TA 740
Scott Bennett
Scott & Heather MCI-9

Scott & Heather

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2011, 03:41:39 PM »

Ditto on the sewer solution. I love it...I'll never go back to a slinky hose. That being said, I've cut a notch out of the BAY DOOR itself along the bottom edge. Just another way...and eliminates the underneath clearance issue.

Scott & Heather
1984 MCI9 6V92-turbo with 9 inch roof raise & conversion in progress.
http://www.scottmichaelbennett.com/p/our-bus.html
˙ǝɯoɔlǝʍ suoıʇɐuop ˙snq ʍǝu ɐ pǝǝu ʎlqɐqoɹd ll,ǝʍ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 HT-740 Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2011, 06:50:32 PM »

5\8" hose through the bottom, also won't ever  go back to 3" flex hose. Mine is hooked to a disposerator 3\4 HSP. Works like a dream

belfert

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2011, 05:19:17 PM »

Do you guys really use the Sewer Solution for regular dumping of tanks at a dump station?  Doesn't it take way too long?

I own a Sewer Solution for dumping at home, but it generally takes 15 to 20 minutes to empty my tank.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Scott Bennett
Scott & Heather MCI-9

Scott & Heather

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2011, 07:24:23 PM »

Not at a dumping station..slinky is best for that, but when I'm at a full hookup site (like now) I use the sewer solution. I have a 100 gallon black/grey combo tank and it doesn't take nearly 20 minutes to drain...rather about 5-7 minutes...I just go outside, turn on the valves, open the dump valve and let er fly. Then I go about working on some outside project until I hear the sewer solution burp signaling it's done. Easy, clean, and effective.

Scott & Heather
gus

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2011, 04:03:45 PM »

Scott,

You're a very brave man. Considering the very high pressure the macerator pump puts on the smaller hose there is a very real possibility it could burst - I don't have the nerve to walk away from mine for even a minute!!

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Scott Bennett
Scott & Heather MCI-9

Scott & Heather

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2011, 04:18:39 PM »

Scott,
You're a very brave man. Considering the very high pressure the macerator pump puts on the smaller hose there is a very real possibility it could burst - I don't have the nerve to walk away from mine for even a minute!!

Shocked Yuck! The Sewer Solution I use isn't actually a macerator..rather it merely uses water-jet power to liquify the..um...tank contents as they drain past the water jet. Not a whole lot of pressure actually. And, the hose is thick stuff...super thick walled. Hose is stainless hose clamped at both ends and after the 10 foot hose, it's all 1 inch pvc from there to the drain. Again, not a ton of pressure, but it's effective. My current run is 40 feet and slightly uphill.  Undecided Go figure. Who designs these lots?

Scott & Heather
gus

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2012, 04:20:13 PM »

Never heard of the injection pump system like you have? Sounds like a good system. However, considering all the money I have in my portable macerator I have to stick to it.

I agree, that probably doesn't have much pressure.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Scott Bennett
Scott & Heather MCI-9

Scott & Heather

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2012, 05:36:08 AM »

Never heard of the injection pump system like you have? Sounds like a good system. However, considering all the money I have in my portable macerator I have to stick to it.

I agree, that probably doesn't have much pressure.

Yeah, basically "drain assistance" more than anything. But enough water jet propulsion to keep things moving down the line...again, even on a slight uphill.

Scott & Heather
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: