Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 07:34:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: When way too much is not enough...  (Read 665 times)
pipopak

I am the 99%

Ignore
« on: November 04, 2011, 05:44:50 PM »

get one of these:
http://www.roadtransport.com/blogs/big-lorry-blog/2011/11/04/Powerhouse_Coach_-_luxury_motor_coach_based_on_Volvo_NH12.jpg

Linux, when Windoze just will not measure up.
RoyJ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 06:54:58 PM »

Good luck parking that thing!

I find a common design problem with truck conversions is axle weight distribution - way too much on the steer. Look at a typical factory built Class C, the rear axle is almost half way up the chassis. And it should, because all the weight is up front, unlike a coach.

Then you look at a truck conversion, the tandems are too far back. A lot of them put 18k on the steer, and only 25k on a rear 40k+ tandem  Huh
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 07:11:11 PM »

Impressive, but I reckon this one's bigger; twin full-length slides in a F1 motorhome:

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 07:42:15 PM »

It is surprising how many professional & factory built motorhomes are built with no regard to actual loaded weight when used as advertised.  Roll Eyes

Just because the body is uniform, that does not mean the mass is evenly distributed. Far too many place too much emphasis on cosmetics & not the underlying mechanicals . . . But paint & polish seems to be what sells . . . 

However, any good coach (or truck) builder will pay attention to axle loading & place the paint & polish accordingly.  Wink

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: