Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 20, 2014, 09:47:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eagles Board  (Read 9859 times)
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2011, 10:14:10 PM »

We have had some problems a few weeks back, but it seems to be fine now. Not sure what is going on. Maybe server problems again.

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2011, 07:28:50 AM »

Just an update on HughesNet problems and a followup to see if folks are still having a problem.

In the past few days, finally, it looks like I can login via HughesNet reliably. 

That said, it sounded like other folks were having issues getting to the website that were not related to HughesNet.  If you have had problems, try logging into the main page:

http://www.eaglesinternational.net/

From there you can click on the Eagle Forum tab.  That should get you a list of forums that you can view.  If you have a problem, please let me know (use reply and not PM - I hate the PM function Roll Eyes).  Using reply will let others know what issues may exist.

The first thing to do if you have a problem is to hit the refresh "button" on your browser.  That should clear any stored issues from your browser.

We need to review the "rules" of the Eagles board. 

First, ANYONE can view all of the public areas of the website - and we encourage you to do that.  Next, to post you must register.  ANYONE can register.  That said, Dale has to do a huge amount of work to make sure spammers are not able to join, so it takes a bit of time to get "approved".  We will not reject any legitimate request to register on the site. 

Lastly, members of The Eagles International Chapter of FMCA have access to additional forums that are chapter related. However, the vast majority of valuable dialogue is in the public areas of the website.

One of the best features of the site is the Project Eagles forum.  There are some really neat projects documented in that forum.

Jim

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
’85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
Ericbsc

73 05

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2011, 08:00:10 AM »

I can get on in the mornings, but not afternoon? It seems to be random. Tried refresh, close and reopen.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2011, 08:07:45 AM »

I have problems also Eric at around 7 pm takes 2 or 3 attempts, thought it was you guys don't love me anymore.

Our tech section for Eagles is also a good section we don't do the SOB just Eagles

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
thomasinnv
Derrick Thomas

I may be nuts, but only for buses

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2011, 08:11:24 AM »

works for me on hughes net now.

There are three kinds of people in this world....those that make things happen, those that watch things happen, and those that just wonder what the heck is happening. Which one are you?

1977 MCI Crusader MC-8
8V71N/740
95% converted (they're never really done, are they?)
Ericbsc

73 05

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2011, 08:20:45 AM »

Same here Clifford. I don't know if it is the board or the glass of brandy?Huh?
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2011, 08:42:29 AM »

Today I can access both with my Hughes connection Jim but je ne parle pas Eagle so I won't bother registering.  Grin

i suspect you are looking at a cached copy.  mine isn't working thru hughesnet.  initially came up but a refresh deleted it.

why would they slip up and let a prevost in anyway?  Wink

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2011, 10:33:28 AM »

Setra's should be allowed. As they are a "REFINED" Eagle, Kässbohrer designed and built them both from the beginning!

Sorta like a red headed step child or 2nd cousin thing! Grin
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2011, 10:40:22 AM »

Setra's should be allowed. As they are a "REFINED" Eagle, Kässbohrer designed and built them both from the beginning!

Das is true, but now they're built by Mercedes. . . Jury's out still. . .

Grin

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
S13406 Now
Fresno CA
rusty

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2011, 10:46:22 AM »

Well today I can not get on the site from the bosses computer at home. It says the server that the site has is not responding. This is the first time I have not been able to get on it. I know, it is Sonnie kicking all us old guys off.

Wayne
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2011, 11:35:56 AM »

Wayne, I just checked here:

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/eaglesinternational.net

and it says that the site is down.

Hopefully they are working on it.  Our ISP is pretty good about getting things back on line.

Jim

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2011, 11:58:44 AM »

What is going on the site seems to be down much more now than the past

Life is short drink the good wine first
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2011, 05:44:30 AM »

Clifford, I am being told that the ISP is getting hit hard by spammers/hackers.  As you point out, the site has been down more than in the past.  All we can do is monitor the history and hope that the ISP gets a handle on the problem

My problem with HughesNet continues.  It was going pretty good until the site crashed and now I can't get on.  I have to check it with my iPhone. 

Hughes did check the site using my identical equipment/satellite/frequency and had no problem.  Since the site has not been stable, I am going to hold off blaming HughesNet and see if things on both ends settle down.

Jim

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
thomasinnv
Derrick Thomas

I may be nuts, but only for buses

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2011, 07:30:33 AM »

Jim, you should still be able to access the site from your hughesnet using an outside proxy. Google will turn up several to chose from. That is how I have been getting on for a while now. Just google "free proxy server"

There are three kinds of people in this world....those that make things happen, those that watch things happen, and those that just wonder what the heck is happening. Which one are you?

1977 MCI Crusader MC-8
8V71N/740
95% converted (they're never really done, are they?)
Songman

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2011, 01:39:52 PM »

The Eagles International forum was down last Saturday for a few hours because of a bad RAM partition in the server. We did have some trouble a couple of months ago with some hackers from France trying to break into the server and that caused downtime. We have since moved the Eagle forum and some others over to a brand new server machine with a new IP address. As most of you know, just because something is new doesn't necessarily mean it works. It did work fine for a couple of weeks until the RAM died. So it took a while to figure out which one it was and get it replaced. Our webhost, Jason, did all of this without me ever knowing about it because I have been out of town for a week for a funeral. I just got home today and after some phone conversations with Jim, Wayne, and Jason, I got the good news.

No one should be having problems with the Eagles International forum at this time. If you are, please contact me so I can figure out what the issue is. I don't know what the HughesNet issue is. It is completely unrelated to what happened over the weekend.

1992 Prevost XL-45
Nashville, TN
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: