Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 20, 2014, 02:14:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BK: Kentucky Lakeside Travel on I-24  (Read 1283 times)
wildbob24

Ignore
« on: November 07, 2011, 07:26:52 PM »

BK,

One of your buses passed me, Sunday afternoon, westbound on I-24, crossing the bridge over Nickajack lake. Was that you behind the wheel?

I was driving the truck pulling the big Gravedigger trailer.

Bob

P8M4905A-1308, 8V71 w/V730
Custom Coach Conversion
Duluth, GA
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 08:05:09 PM »

Bob, not to totally hijack the thread, but i'm in KY just east of i65 in campbellsville, working for Amazon.  Just in case you, or BK get this direction on your way to one of the local scenic areas, like Maker's Mark bourbon.  Wink

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
wildbob24

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 08:18:37 PM »

Tom,

Drove right by you Sunday evening. I'm delivering this truck and trailer in Chicago, Tuesday morning, and flying back to Atlanta, so the Maker's Mark will have to wait for next time.

Thanks for the offer, though.

Bob

P8M4905A-1308, 8V71 w/V730
Custom Coach Conversion
Duluth, GA
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 08:27:33 AM »

Bob that must have been Mike in #737 coming from a little town SW of Atlanta and headed to Clarksville, TN. I know it had to be him as the rest of us were coming out of Indy Sunday with Union City's HS band on board. (3 buses dad, Bill & I)

Tom it's been a while but yes we do get to that area from time to time.
As a matter of fact we do a trip called the whiskey trail once a year for The Distilled Spirits Council of the US. We pick them up @ Nashville airport (BNA) and then take them to Lynchburg (Jack Daniels) and several others in TN and then up through KY hitting Makers Mark, Jim Beam and others before dropping them back off at Louisville airport a week later.
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
fe2_o3

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 09:50:10 AM »

"The Distilled Spirits Council of the US."
 Now that sounds like a great trip...Cable

Sofar Sogood
1953-4104
KB7LJR
Everett, WA.
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 03:33:55 PM »

"The Distilled Spirits Council of the US."
 Now that sounds like a great trip...Cable

Cable
From what I hear it is! I never get to do it as my mom & dad  love the group leader and the nice HIGH CLASS hotels she takes the groups too so they always take that trip. (I even told one of their church senoir groups that always requests them that they had a hard time deciding on whether to be christians or sinners for the week once. And of course the leader said well we see who one! )

And I was mistaken it is the; American Whiskey Trail and most of the guest are european journalist.
Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 10:03:18 AM »

well, if you head toward maker's mark, let me know.  it's just down the road from us and if we aren't working that day, we'll head over to see you, and maybe sample the bourbon again  Grin Grin

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
fe2_o3

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2011, 03:17:50 PM »

"And I was mistaken it is the; American Whiskey Trail and most of the guest are european journalist."
  I don't care who they are. Being a Makers Mark fan...That sounds like fun...The wife wants to know if there is one to Mexico...She likes Casa 1921...Cable

Sofar Sogood
1953-4104
KB7LJR
Everett, WA.
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2011, 03:25:57 PM »

"And I was mistaken it is the; American Whiskey Trail and most of the guest are european journalist."
  I don't care who they are. Being a Makers Mark fan...That sounds like fun...The wife wants to know if there is one to Mexico...She likes Casa 1921...Cable

Now that there is funny I don't care who ya are! I just can't picture "The Distilled Spirits Council of the US." doing a trip to Mexico. But hey stranger things have happened if you'd like to contact Danielle and set it up I'll be more than happy to provide the bus.

OH and we've all heard of people that "roll there own." (probably most noted would be Willie Nelson)
Well on the tour these people do each visitor gets to "dip their own."
(bottle of Makers Mark that is) and keep it!
Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: