Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 19, 2014, 08:56:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No longer a wannabe  (Read 2316 times)
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2006, 02:22:12 AM »

Just on the seats issue - have you asked whether the seller would prefer to keep them? If you're buying from a coach operator or coach dealer, the seats in your bus may be better than those in one of their other vehicles.

I did just that with mine, and not only did the seller remove and keep the seats, but he 'paid me' for them by delivering the coach several hundred miles for free too. In fact 'my' seller was particularly sensitive about seats, as he told me a story about how he had once swapped the seats out of an accident damaged vehicle into one of his other coaches. He wasn't trying to pull a fast one - it just seemed a sensible thing to do. Later he got in trouble for re-using part of a vehicle on which he had received a 'total loss' insurance pay-out.

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
jaybe_2

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2006, 03:06:53 PM »

Got the bus to day and all went well. Pic. in the bus pic. thead. I may have also scored 2 free busses an 82 prevost std.trans and a 1984 with a reman engine also std trans. If I get them Im going to steel some parts to have for spares get the 84 running and sell it to recover my cost of towing ( about a grand) any takers?
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: