Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 19, 2014, 12:49:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quartzsite with kids for X-mass?  (Read 1205 times)
viento1

Ignore
« on: November 13, 2011, 07:35:09 PM »

OK, we are trying to figure out where to spend X-mass.

So far disney land is out, SanDiego Zoo is out (toooo busy) we will do those on the way back mid January.

Specifically, Sheila wants to know why on earth I want to go to Quartzsite, the real reason is to hang out with other bus people but she is worried that (no offense) it may be full of old folks who would just be annoyed with 3 kids running around.

Is this place kid friendly? x-mas kid events?

Ok, it's time to go on another road trip.
www.randalclark.com
MC5
Seayfam

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 08:10:23 PM »

I've never been there, but I wouldn't be afraid to bring my kids. I would think everyone would enjoy kids there. Everyone loves kids, they would probably get spoiled.

Gary Seay (location Alaska)
1969 MCI MC-6 unit# 20006
8V92 turbo 740 auto
more pics and information here     "  www.my69mci-6.blogspot.com  "
afm_man

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 08:14:55 PM »

Never stayed in an RV there, but often stopped when visiting family in AZ traveling from CA.  We have a ton of kids and everyone there was always nice to the kids.

Just not much there to keep the kids entertained.  I however, love to visit.

Still looking for a bus
thomasinnv
Derrick Thomas

I may be nuts, but only for buses

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 09:04:10 PM »

I spend the winters here (in Q) with 2 kids (5 and 10) and most of the people here love them. they mostly just love kids, reminds them of their grand kids. more than once i have been parked outside the post office and had someone come hand the kids candy through the window. There are not very many kid friendly rv parks around town from what I hear though. I wouldn't know, we usually stay on BLM or have our gospel tent setup somewhere.

There are three kinds of people in this world....those that make things happen, those that watch things happen, and those that just wonder what the heck is happening. Which one are you?

1977 MCI Crusader MC-8
8V71N/740
95% converted (they're never really done, are they?)
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 06:20:08 AM »

Randy, there will probably be a few buses scattered here and there at Christmas, but the 3rd week of Jan. is when most of the buses will be there for the rally.

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
viento1

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 07:28:53 AM »

Hi Ed,

Our schedule is off by a week. I will have to hook up with you next year. Do you need any parts?

We are going to visit the grand canyon on the way down and make the small detour to Quartzsite just for a night or two before heading off to San Diego. I at least want to check it out.

Ok, it's time to go on another road trip.
www.randalclark.com
MC5
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2011, 07:31:30 AM »

There is a McDonald's there what else do need for kids lol

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
thomasinnv
Derrick Thomas

I may be nuts, but only for buses

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2011, 07:46:15 AM »

Clifford they have a pretty good childrens library and a nice park right down the street too.

There are three kinds of people in this world....those that make things happen, those that watch things happen, and those that just wonder what the heck is happening. Which one are you?

1977 MCI Crusader MC-8
8V71N/740
95% converted (they're never really done, are they?)
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2011, 08:14:11 AM »

And lets not forget about the worlds biggest sand box to play in Cheesy Grin... plenty to do!

Van Wink

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
loosenut
Confidently Ignorant

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2011, 10:34:12 AM »

OK, we are trying to figure out where to spend X-mass.

So far disney land is out, SanDiego Zoo is out (toooo busy) we will do those on the way back mid January.

Specifically, Sheila wants to know why on earth I want to go to Quartzsite, the real reason is to hang out with other bus people but she is worried that (no offense) it may be full of old folks who would just be annoyed with 3 kids running around.

Is this place kid friendly? x-mas kid events?

It may be hard to disprove your wife's opinion as you will be driving in solo and the majority of people who hangout around Quartzite are past childbearing years and finding the others could prove challenging.  Quartzite, as a spectacle it is worth a stop but there are no theaters, malls, or other child distractions. 

1-2 hours beyond Quartzite on the way to SD is Glamis.  It will have more families and a greater potential to be interesting.  It is CA's sand rail, dune buggy, off road racing area and there are events happening all winter.  Glamis is on the shortest way to SD out of Quartzite and off the route to LA.

Glamis is one store town much smaller than Quartzite which has a couple of truck stops in addition to the bazaars.  I don't believe there are even any services in Glamis.

As your coming south on 17 out of Grand Canyon, you might look into Sedona for a side trip and you could include Cottonwood and Jerome.  I think there is a busnut in Cottonwood who can give you the inside scoop.  FYI Cottonwood is Arizona's burgeoning wine region.

You might think of going to SD Zoo's, Wild Animal Park.  I find it more interesting than the zoo proper.

Mike

Sold 85 Neoplan 33ft 6V92ta, sadly busless
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2011, 10:49:30 AM »

I'll be the contrary voice, hard as that may be to believe.  I can't imagine why anybody would take their kids to Quartzsite.  The kids will be bored out of their minds and when the kids aren't happy nobody around them will be either.  If you want to go to Q to visit then go ahead but don't pretend its a good deal for the kids.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2011, 10:56:37 AM »

X-mas at Disney is fantastic.  It is the days after that get crowded.  The few days before and the 25th are slow. the X-mas present trips are given out til x-mas eve or day. been there had a great time.  Bob

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2011, 11:21:00 AM »

Can't think of anything that i need right now Randy,....will probably wake up at 2 am thinking of one . Grin  We are going to have to move from here between xmas and the new year, might go to Q-site or Lake Havasu or even Wickenburg for a week or two or just stay here in the area until the rally. Decisions, decisions, decisions...... Cheesy

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: