Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 30, 2014, 12:33:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flip version of BC magazine  (Read 4559 times)
Lonnie time to go
Lonnie

Saginaw, Michgan

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2011, 05:22:48 PM »

I don't think the print form of the magazine is going away.

The magazine takes longer to produce compared to pdf

Its too early for people to bring up contracts subscriptions and other legal stuff against mak.

Be nice and patient please.

Lonnie

1976 4905
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2011, 05:28:49 PM »

The printed copy was gone years ago Mike and Mike gave it their best may it rest in peace

good luck

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2011, 07:06:54 PM »

Has anyone actually called the office to find out if/when the Nov issue went to the printers?  I don't subscribe so I can't call them.  (I don't subscribe to any magazines for whatever reason.)

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
usbusin

'60 PD4104-4355(sold) Now Freightliner Conversion

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2011, 07:52:37 PM »

714-799-0042

Gary D

USBUSIN was our 1960 PD4104 for 16 years Ustruckin' is our 2001 Freightliner truck conversion
Paladin
Dave Knight

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2011, 11:59:07 AM »

Since this post seems at least partially aimed at me or at least applies to me I'll try to elucidate:

1- The magazine as we knew it has seemingly already gone away.

2-Yes, the magazine does take longer but if memory serves there was a post asking what people prefer. I voted for the print. Since that post I've seen little about the magazine being published but a whole lot about pdf versions and flip versions and their merits, testing the waters apparently. This while seeing posts about how apparently improbable the magazine is. This is concerning to me.

3a- It's never too early to raise concerns over something that you paid for and are not getting while the possibility of seeing what you bought seems to be dwindling or the way that you get it (the terms) is changed without your consent, that's not what I paid for or wanted and I wouldn't have paid for it if I knew. I paid for something and that gives me an interest in what I get ...or not and when. That's what this is all about. Would it be better to remain silent and just take what I get...or not?

3b- Clarification in case of misunderstandings: I am not interested in "legal stuff". Not worth it to me.   

4a- I am kind. I support this forum and the people who have worked and continue to work so hard and my intention is not to be difficult or an @$#. My intention is only to voice my preference and views as I was asked to do and thought this forum was about. Not all will agree and some will, be that as it may, it's my voice.

4b- I can be patient, I just have concerns which I don't see being addressed well while rumors are flying. In fact I see things seemingly rapidly going in the opposite direction. I highly support those who are in charge and I commend their efforts. I'm just concerned about my magazine subscription which I just paid for and am now seeing alarming news about ( Uh, Dave, it looks like you probably will not see or get what you bought).
I'm also concerned about the future direction and outcome of the magazine as we all are. I think that anyone would be alarmed after paying any money even though, granted, mine was only a year this time, a small amount of money. I also think that I have a right to voice my concerns.
I can be very patient...as long as I at least know what's being considered, what's being done and that my voice is heard. I just had to deal with a kennel of imported European bred German Shepherd Dogs and had to exercise great patience over much more money than this, the breeding future of my girl was in serious doubt. I can be patient but I'd just like to be kept in the loop. If the printed magazine is going to happen I'd like to know when. If it isn't then why, for how long, and what will happen to those who paid money?

Summary: I'll repeat again my stand. I'd like the printed magazine that I paid for. I'd like it in a reasonable time frame or know when and I understand problems and concerns. If the printed form of the magazine will be suspended I'd like to know for how long or indefinitely and how that decision would impact me.

Lastly and very important: If the magazine just isn't going to happen then in lieu of a refund I'd donate my relatively meager monies paid towards the running of this forum since I'm not that interested in an online form of subscription since I know in reality I'd never read it. I've had online rights to several regular print magazines for years until recently and not once read them online. Not even the ones given to me free as gifts. I know I just won't get around to sitting there reading on the computer.

I default back to my original suggestion that the printed magazine try to be kept and maybe those who want it can pay more. Those who want online can pay a lesser fee. I'm not sure of the logistics of this though. Perhaps accept donations for the forum and then make the pdf version free to people who donate?

-Dave

Its too early for people to bring up contracts subscriptions and other legal stuff against mak.

Lonnie

'75 MC-8   'Event Horizon'
8V71  HT740
Salt Lake City, Utah

"Have bus will travel read the card of the man, a Knight without armor in a savage land...."
James77MCI8

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2011, 04:33:19 PM »

I am glad I cancelled my subscription and got a refund before it went away. I think the magazine was dead in July. No one would say that and looks like no one will say it now.

77 MCI 8
8V-71 4 spd
rcbeam

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2011, 05:25:21 PM »

old reliable PDF format works for me.  I'm used to it. 

Russell
1976 MC8
Lexington KY
www.sweeteveningbreeze.blogspot.com
Lonnie time to go
Lonnie

Saginaw, Michgan

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2011, 05:34:32 PM »

Paladin very sorry you think it was about you, it was not.  I thought (my bad) it was just a question about personal likes and dislikes from bcm.

I seem to have a way of making people angry with the way I word my posts.  I will put more thought into future posts.

I could see a possibility that it might be to early to tell if the magizine in the current form was done.

You have every reason to be upset if you paid for service you did not get.

Patients was for time to get answers from bcm.

I should have made it more clear of the light hearted nature of my post.

When I type a post its with a goofy laugh.  I need to find a way portray that.

You and others have every reason to post your concerns.

Paladin again If in any way I have wrong you I am sorry.

Lonnie

Since this post seems at least partially aimed at me or at least applies to me I'll try to elucidate:

1- The magazine as we knew it has seemingly already gone away.

2-Yes, the magazine does take longer but if memory serves there was a post asking what people prefer. I voted for the print. Since that post I've seen little about the magazine being published but a whole lot about pdf versions and flip versions and their merits, testing the waters apparently. This while seeing posts about how apparently improbable the magazine is. This is concerning to me.

3a- It's never too early to raise concerns over something that you paid for and are not getting while the possibility of seeing what you bought seems to be dwindling or the way that you get it (the terms) is changed without your consent, that's not what I paid for or wanted and I wouldn't have paid for it if I knew. I paid for something and that gives me an interest in what I get ...or not and when. That's what this is all about. Would it be better to remain silent and just take what I get...or not?

3b- Clarification in case of misunderstandings: I am not interested in "legal stuff". Not worth it to me.   

4a- I am kind. I support this forum and the people who have worked and continue to work so hard and my intention is not to be difficult or an @$#. My intention is only to voice my preference and views as I was asked to do and thought this forum was about. Not all will agree and some will, be that as it may, it's my voice.

4b- I can be patient, I just have concerns which I don't see being addressed well while rumors are flying. In fact I see things seemingly rapidly going in the opposite direction. I highly support those who are in charge and I commend their efforts. I'm just concerned about my magazine subscription which I just paid for and am now seeing alarming news about ( Uh, Dave, it looks like you probably will not see or get what you bought).
I'm also concerned about the future direction and outcome of the magazine as we all are. I think that anyone would be alarmed after paying any money even though, granted, mine was only a year this time, a small amount of money. I also think that I have a right to voice my concerns.
I can be very patient...as long as I at least know what's being considered, what's being done and that my voice is heard. I just had to deal with a kennel of imported European bred German Shepherd Dogs and had to exercise great patience over much more money than this, the breeding future of my girl was in serious doubt. I can be patient but I'd just like to be kept in the loop. If the printed magazine is going to happen I'd like to know when. If it isn't then why, for how long, and what will happen to those who paid money?

Summary: I'll repeat again my stand. I'd like the printed magazine that I paid for. I'd like it in a reasonable time frame or know when and I understand problems and concerns. If the printed form of the magazine will be suspended I'd like to know for how long or indefinitely and how that decision would impact me.

Lastly and very important: If the magazine just isn't going to happen then in lieu of a refund I'd donate my relatively meager monies paid towards the running of this forum since I'm not that interested in an online form of subscription since I know in reality I'd never read it. I've had online rights to several regular print magazines for years until recently and not once read them online. Not even the ones given to me free as gifts. I know I just won't get around to sitting there reading on the computer.

I default back to my original suggestion that the printed magazine try to be kept and maybe those who want it can pay more. Those who want online can pay a lesser fee. I'm not sure of the logistics of this though. Perhaps accept donations for the forum and then make the pdf version free to people who donate?

-Dave

Lonnie

1976 4905
Paladin
Dave Knight

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2011, 06:27:42 PM »

Lonnie,

I wasn't offended at all, I was worried that I was perhaps overly harsh sounding and unclear in my comments (now rant). I was just trying to be more clear since words with no inflection, intonation or facial view can be misleading and sound so severe. No offense taken and I hope no offense given to you or anyone else!

Like I said, I'm just concerned for the future of the magazine. I wanted it and I think I made my vote clear, perhaps overly clear but if the magazine can't happen then the money can go to a good cause, this forum! 

I'm good, you're good, we're all good. I'm smiling though it can't be seen.

-Dave

'75 MC-8   'Event Horizon'
8V71  HT740
Salt Lake City, Utah

"Have bus will travel read the card of the man, a Knight without armor in a savage land...."
DMoedave

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2011, 04:33:55 AM »

Dimmit, i just wanna know what happened and is happining to the girl from Massachusetts/(westcoast longings) with the engine swap!

we love our buses!!! NE Pa or LI NY, or somewhere in between!
MEverard

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2011, 06:10:49 AM »

I can't believe the uproar over the simple request to try the flip version. I have read over the last few months everyones concerns about the magazine. We finally received a pdf version and the assurance that the magazine went to the printers. The poor guy is trying to resurrect the magazine and offered the flip version for those who get the online subscription. He even gave everyone a copy of the pdf even if you are not a subscriber. I don't know what more he can do to satisfy us at this point.

I subscribe to both the print and online versions. I am concerned we are going to lose them at some point. However, I believe an attempt is being made to save it. Call me optimistic. I have also read about people getting what they paid for. I don't know about anybody else around the country, but in California we stopped getting what we paid for a long time ago. I would like to see everyone try a little patience and give them a chance.

If we find down the road that the end is imminent, we can all get on here and call each other any names we want to. But I for one would like to stay confident until the last breath has been taken. When all is said and done, if all I lose is what I paid for in a subscription, I won't be heartbroken. Turn on the news, much more is at stake these days.

If the time comes, I will renew my subscription and thank Mak for his hard work.

Good Luck,
Mike

Mike Everard
1960 GMC PD4104-4520
Antioch, CA
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2011, 08:45:39 AM »

When George and Sue stopped their bulletin I don't think one person asked for a refund because we knew they were losing money and was way to much work involved for the return it was sad to see it go same with Bill's publication the Bus Enthusiast which IMO was the best out there 1st class was his publication   but it is what it is

good luck

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
juergen

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2011, 01:56:10 PM »

If you switch to that new flip version of your on-line magazine I will have to cancel my just started 3 year subscription BECAUSE:
1. I waited long for the results of M Sullivan's demise.
2 I saved all the magazines so far and I do read them often on line, print some articles out for my bus conversion handbook, I.E Speaking electrically etc, Thoughts on engine conversions, there are so many highly interesting articles, I read these often again and again.
3 If the new flip thing could be saved like I have been doing, then by all means, it looks good. But since I cannot save these any more, I just as soon bow out and you lost a so far faithfull patient customer. I sure hope you keep the PDF system going, since I really look forward for the new editions; then save them and read them for years to come.
Sincerely
Juergen
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2011, 09:49:13 PM »

1. Flip version works on my computer

2. I enjoy the vintage BCM articles a lot. I would like to also see buses that are not perfect but very functional. Owners talking about what works and what didn't. What they like about their conversion and what they don't. Even some old school stuff like found in the early issues would be cool.

3 . There are many that complain about content but don't submit articles. Having many contributors could make it more interesting to some. The ones that do contribute do a great job in IMO. I have wanted to do several articles but for some reason I haven't done it.

4. My father is one of the most loyal BCM magazine readers I know. He always calls me to see if they have been sent out and reads every word when they show up. He has every magazine from the very first issue. There will have to be a way to print it out at a minimum or he will be crushed.

5. My father just renewed a few months ago for three years, and while he was at it, he paid three years for me also as a gift. That was a lot of money for just a couple of magazines. I am OK with an online version, but a way needs to be found to honor those who paid for one to arrive in the box.

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Itís the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2011, 06:43:25 AM »

3 . There are many that complain about content but don't submit articles. Having many contributors could make it more interesting to some. The ones that do contribute do a great job in IMO. I have wanted to do several articles but for some reason I haven't done it.

I can't remember all the different magazines I have subscribed to over the years.  BCM is the only one where anybody has suggested that it is the subscribers' fault if the content isn't good.  I'm sorry but I don't get it.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: