Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 31, 2014, 10:50:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nightmare!  (Read 1018 times)
Ace

« on: October 18, 2006, 04:54:26 AM »

Wow what a nightmare Ihad. I was going to get involved in last nights chat session with the guys around 8pm but got involved with "THE DOOR". You see, it never really closed properly, or it did and I never liked the way it did, whichever so I opted to get involved with that instead. BIG mistake, especially at 8pm (mosquito time here)!

Anyway after 8 innings of the game (it was on but just for sound) I finally got it to where it closes better and more evenly seated around it's frame. One thing that I found thathad happened was it dropped down sometime in the past and was way lower thanit needed to be to keep it from seating properly. It was kind of scary when your on I-95 and the door tries to open by itself and then close repeatedly. Now I don't have to SLAM the door to latch it. What got my curiosity up about this was the H3 seated coach I saw at a show we did last week. The driver simply closed the door very slowly and it latched very easy. Mine you always have to slam the hell out of it which probably was the reason for why it didn't line up!

Oh well, tonight I will air it up to see if it latches like it is supposed to, draws itself in and seals properly! I hope it doesn't open up another nightmare!  Roll Eyes

Ace
Sammy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 07:31:12 AM »

Ace, if you have the stock front entrance door with the stock electric controls and need a hand, let me know.
I will be happy to help you get it working properly. I work on a fleet of Prevost H3's and have schematic diagrams for them.
Get the door aligned first as you already mentioned, then if it won't work right let me know.
Best of luck with your repair.
Sammy  Cool
Ace

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 07:59:22 AM »

Heck Yea Sammy! Where you at man?

Send me whatever you can! That way I KNOW it's right!

Ace
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006, 12:22:07 PM »

FWIW,

I had the dealer adjust mine, althogh it wasn't as bad as you say yours is, but water was coming in from the top and a little wind noise too.  The guy that did it had never done one before, and it took him several tries, but its very good now.  he used a jack to help lift it up.  As you know there are several different adjustment places and he had to play with them all a little.  while I was disapointed that he hadn't done one before, I was impressed that he did it in less than 1/2 hour.  Money very well spent from my perspective.  If I had nothing else to do, I would not hesitate to mess with it, but with all the conversion stuff I'm doing, that was a cheap fix in my book.

So some of what I'm saying is that even the pro's do trial and error, and its not that difficult, but then their shop was not full of mosquitoes Shocked(  Damn 'm itching just thinking about you out there geting bit...

Having taken the shock absorber off my door,it makes it slam if I jsut hold the button, but if I get th door close, all I have to do is pull genlty and it latches.  There is that electric latch connection, as soon as the latch makes contact with the frame, it activates a solenoid to clamp the latch closed, and push up the pin on the top of the door to extend into the frame.  If I slam it, it bounces back / open faster than the solenoid can latch it. 

I have had mine open while driving, but that was before it was adjusted, and I think  it had not latched all the way either.  It kind of wakes you up when that happens though....

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: