Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 29, 2014, 07:17:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1944 Military Bus  (Read 852 times)
DG

Ignore
« on: October 18, 2006, 10:34:38 AM »

I have a few new details on a bus I described about a week ago.  It is a 1944 military bus that was partially converted about 30 years ago.  The tags say it is a 29 passenger comercial type, with the body built by Gillig Bros.  The chassis is by international, with a weight of 10,900 lbs. and a GVW of 15,000 lbs.  The maximum speed rating is 40 MPH.  The running gear is original.  The date of delivery was 10/30/44.  This bus has to be moved from it's storage location soon and I don't want it to end up being scrapped.  Any info on it's value as a collectable or conversion would be appreciated!  I will post some pictures of it soon.  Thanks. 
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 10:57:40 AM by DG » Logged
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 11:30:36 AM »

value as a collectable is an open book...depends on condition and who/how many want it.

Bmy best guess is it is worth scrap value.

as a conversion it is worth less than scrap value
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 12:05:02 PM »

You might want to check with some of the bus museums to see if there is any interest.  Maybe even check with some of the WWII historical museums.  I agree that it would be a shame to scrap a rare piece of history like that, but with its speed and weight limitations and the difficulty in getting parts, it would not be a popular choice for conversion.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: