Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 01, 2014, 01:22:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling my bus :(  (Read 2737 times)
brojcol
Jimmy

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2006, 12:12:09 PM »

I sold my bus on ebay, had it listed but stated, "BUS IS FOR SALE LOCALLY AND MAY BE REMOVED IF SOLD". 

I actually had a "friend" tell me he wanted to buy the bus so I took it off ebay.  Had some good bids too.  Then, the sale fell through and I was left looking like a dingleberry.  A hard lesson learned.  I felt pretty badly about myself after realizing that I did not do the right thing.  I made some apologies to folks that questioned it and had put bids on it, but that was my first experience selling on ebay and I really didn't know what the heck I was doing.

The next time I put it on ebay, I got half what I wanted for it, but sold it to the higest bidder.  He got a good deal on a great bus, and I got some of my dignity back.  I even spent money from my own pocket to put new tires on the rear, because I didn't want him to drive on those things I had on there.

You live and learn, sometimes you make mistakes that you regret, but that's life.  You try to learn from the mistakes and make things right, but hey, nobody's perfect...but Andy Griffith told Barney, "naw Barn, buy you can try, you sho can try!"

Jimmy

"Ask yourself this question...Are you funky enough to be a globetrotter?  Well are you???  ARE YOU?!?!

deal with it."            Professor Bubblegum Tate
brojcol
Jimmy

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2006, 12:28:51 PM »

And, Daniel;
I hope whatever family health problem is forcing you to sell is resolved quickly so ya'll can be on the road again.

Jimmy

"Ask yourself this question...Are you funky enough to be a globetrotter?  Well are you???  ARE YOU?!?!

deal with it."            Professor Bubblegum Tate
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2006, 06:00:31 AM »

This is completely off the original topic, for which I apologise - but on the subject of Ebay auctions there is certainly a lot of 'psychology' involved in setting starting prices / reserves / buy-it-nows etc, and everyone's opinion is valid because there is by no means one 'right way to do it'. I would be interested, though, if a lawyer could advise whether the very common 'may be withdrawn from sale' rider is actually enforceable - I suspect that if the auction runs it's course (and Ebay will not allow auctions to be stopped at the last moment if the item has received bids) then the seller is contractually obliged to sell to the highest bidder no matter what 'rider' may previously have been added into the description. I may be wrong, but I think the auction process is prescribed and enforceable in law, and the terms and outcome of that process cannot be altered by the seller by adding a comment or statement into the item description.

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: