Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 21, 2014, 03:07:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Squirrels Hurt My Coach?  (Read 2998 times)
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2011, 01:22:53 PM »

It depends on the squirrel.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
desi arnaz

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2011, 01:27:24 PM »

cant hurt your coach but watch out for your nuts....

thomas f  Bethlehem n.h
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2011, 01:44:38 PM »

cant hurt your coach but watch out for your nuts....

He!  He!

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
gus

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2011, 04:10:35 PM »

I once saw squirrels throwing mothballs out the roof peak vent of a friends house after they had torn off the screen covering the vent!

They liked to play football at night in the attic!!

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Scott Bennett
Scott & Heather MCI-9

Scott & Heather

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2011, 05:14:43 PM »

Ok...so I take back my comment that they aren't chewers. These guys here in Florida are smaller than most squirrels I've seen (certainly smaller than our Michigan squirrels). Anyway, they are a playful bunch...really love to use the bus as a playpen. They are all over it. Roof, tires, rims, underneath. Cracks me up when they stick their heads out to look at me.  Cheesy

Scott & Heather
1984 MCI9 6V92-turbo with 9 inch roof raise & conversion in progress.
http://www.scottmichaelbennett.com/p/our-bus.html
˙ǝɯoɔlǝʍ suoıʇɐuop ˙snq ʍǝu ɐ pǝǝu ʎlqɐqoɹd ll,ǝʍ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 644MT Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2011, 11:16:41 PM »

Try living on the Delta. We have river Rats that are so big they will help you change your bus tires if needed.
They are about a foot long with a long tail, we though one was a cat until it turned to look at us and we both went WTf is that. I told the wife to get in the bus but she kept asking me to open the door!  Grin Grin Shocked
 He said thanks for the dryer sheets and saw them doing their laundry the next day.

My personal skills are fine.. it’s my tolerance to idiots that needs work!....

http://s1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj493/fltmr2000/
Scott Bennett
Scott & Heather MCI-9

Scott & Heather

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2011, 05:50:32 AM »

Try living on the Delta. We have river Rats that are so big they will help you change your bus tires if needed.
They are about a foot long with a long tail, we though one was a cat until it turned to look at us and we both went WTf is that. I told the wife to get in the bus but she kept asking me to open the door!  Grin Grin Shocked
 He said thanks for the dryer sheets and saw them doing their laundry the next day.

LOL! Cheesy

Scott & Heather
1984 MCI9 6V92-turbo with 9 inch roof raise & conversion in progress.
http://www.scottmichaelbennett.com/p/our-bus.html
˙ǝɯoɔlǝʍ suoıʇɐuop ˙snq ʍǝu ɐ pǝǝu ʎlqɐqoɹd ll,ǝʍ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
Mex-Busnut

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2011, 04:04:33 PM »

I was told once that their teeth continue to grow and they must chew thing to keep the teeth short.

Sounds like some lawyers and politicians I know of.

Dr. Steve, San Juan del Río, Querétaro, Mexico, North America, Planet Earth, Milky Way.
1981 Dina Olímpico (Flxible Flxliner clone), 6V92TA Detroit Diesel
Rockwell model RM135A 9-speed manual tranny.
Jake brakes
100 miles North West of Mexico City, Mexico. 6,800 feet altitude.
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2011, 04:18:40 PM »

Squirrels are just rats with a PR agent.  I keep bait in most of the bays on the frenchy bus and in some of the inside storage as well.  We take margarine tubs, cut a little door out of the side and put a bait bag/bar inside the tub.  The tub keeps it neat and tidy and the little vermin think they're really onto something when they sneak in the door in the side of the tub.  I just replenished all the bait today so its fresh in my mind.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
blank

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2011, 07:54:59 PM »

Game animals or not, a lil .177 hunk of lead from a "light" air rifle, and who's gonna know? Sub velocity .22's are almost as quiet too. And im pretty sure they will eat De Con, if you leave some out, I mean if your feeding mice and they want some too, why not share??

They can and have done a ton of damage to vehicles. Eat/chew electrical insulation and rubber or plastic hose, they can total a vehicle under the right circumstances. I remember a story, some couple were up in Yosemite and went for a hike. Came back several hours later, car wouldn't start. Everything under the hood was so chewed up I think it totaled the car.
Iceni John

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2011, 08:53:22 PM »

When I used to go fossicking out in the desert we quickly learnt that we had to open the hoods of our cars when they were parked, otherwise engine wiring may get chewed.   I don't know if it was desert packrats or what else that were the culprits, but we didn't take any chances.   If your car won't start, and you're 25 miles from the nearest paved road, it can be a serious matter.

John

1990 Crown 2R-40N-552:  6V92TAC, DDEC II, HT740, Jake.      Hecho en Chino.     
Behind the Orange Curtain, SoCal.
gus

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2011, 04:56:42 PM »

Mice once chewed through both insulation and copper wire that disabled the wife's car. I had to replace the wiring completely.

I can only imagine what those little pieces of wire did to the little buggers intestines!

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: