Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 21, 2014, 03:38:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think this will work in our Busses?  (Read 2629 times)
Lee Bradley

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2011, 11:51:56 AM »

Come on this was always OT now its POT
Kiwi55

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2011, 12:55:52 PM »

People want to believe that the alternatives to gasoline will protect the environment, and yes most are guliable to belive they actually do.
However the current crop of "environmentally friendly" vehicles are a step in the right direction even if all they actually do is highlight the problem.
As long as we keep moving forward we will eventually come up with a solution that really is better than the old way.
Fuel Cells anyone?
...Paul
HB of CJ

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2011, 01:23:59 PM »

The commercial is stupid.  If ya' gotta go, ya' is going to go.  Doesn't matter how--you are still pushing heat into the environment which is good because it will speed up the earth if we all go West from East and it will counter act global warming because the days will shorter.  HB of CJ (old coot) Smiley Smiley Smiley
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2011, 03:00:05 PM »

Jeremy. CO2 is in our atmosphere, always has been. Its naturally occurring. In fact, with every breath you exhale, you exhale a large quantity of CO2. Companies that sell liquefied gases such as liquefied CO2, take the gas right out of the air, compress it into liquid states and store it in tanks. Some gases like Acetylene are manufactured, but CO2, O2, Nitrogen, Argon, Neon, etc., are pulled right out of the ambient air.

Gosh, give that man a Nobel prize. All this worrying about global warming caused by excess CO2 in the atmosphere! How silly! It's apparently just a matter of "taking the gas right out of the air"!

Seriously, you're wasted on bus forums.

Jeremy

(For those who don't know - while production of carbon dioxide by 'air distillation' is possible, it is hugely inefficient. In industry most carbon dioxide is produced from methane).

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
pipopak

I am the 99%

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2011, 05:48:21 PM »

For those seriously considering such a setup I have the deal of the century: a parcel of land, real cheap, where you can park your bus with a great view. Can be visited during low tide times only. Cash only.

Linux, when Windoze just will not measure up.
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2011, 07:13:31 AM »

Even with the many times removed that the original energy burned at a power plant to create electricity, a large coal or natural gas generating power plant operates at the highest efficiency and lowest pollution possible (that's how they make the most money).  It is impossible for a small car engine (like 200hp) to even come close to a large power plants continuous high efficiency. So taking coal/natural gas, firing it off in a boiler, creating steam, turning a turbine that turns a generator, running the electricity 100's of miles, knocking the electricity down to usable voltage, plugging the car into the wall socket, having the electricity go through an converter to charge batteries, then powering an electric motor is still more efficient, and more then that, less polluting then individual engines in each car.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
chev49

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2011, 01:57:16 AM »

how come no has mentioned the gasoline engines that run on vapor (youtube)Huh Smiley

If you want someone to hold your hand, join a union.
Union with Christ is the best one...
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2011, 10:05:29 AM »

Well, I really do not know if this is a scam or not.  I am certainly willing to listen to see if it makes sense.  I would be very interested in seeing some of the specs like to what psi the air is compressed.  It seems that it would have to be quite high given that the tank space is limited.  Anyway, although skeptical, I don't mind listening. 

You don't have to believe everything you think.
Brassman

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2011, 06:45:27 PM »

(For those who don't know - while production of carbon dioxide by 'air distillation' is possible, it is hugely inefficient. In industry most carbon dioxide is produced from methane).

And I suppose you call it me thane.  Wink
Bill 340

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2011, 07:35:39 PM »

I don't kn ow if this site is for real or not, BUT it sure has caused a real topic to discuss, Really I have not seen some of you posters for  quite a while, glad to see you are all still out there, made me laugh sometimes but the reality of it all is our right to disagree, it's wonderful.............

Bill & Brenda Phelan
Lakeland florida..........Host of the ARCADIA RALLY
thomasinnv
Derrick Thomas

I may be nuts, but only for buses

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2011, 08:05:27 AM »

(snip) Every time I see a Toyota Priapus I think about the power of marketing over common sense.   How much longer can this idiocy continue?

John

The correct answer is.......indefinitely.   Just look at history. If there is one thing we have learned from history, it is this...that we have learned nothing from history.

There are three kinds of people in this world....those that make things happen, those that watch things happen, and those that just wonder what the heck is happening. Which one are you?

1977 MCI Crusader MC-8
8V71N/740
95% converted (they're never really done, are they?)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: