Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 19, 2014, 04:50:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone have photo of parallel water pumps?  (Read 1244 times)
belfert

« on: October 20, 2006, 10:05:11 AM »

I believe back on the old MAK board someone had posted a photo of how they plumbed two water pumps in parallel.

If possible, I would like to see that photo again.

Brian Elfert
Dallas

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 11:42:01 AM »

Ask Jack Conrad.

Unless he's changed it, He had that setup.

Please DO remember, Running Parallel or Series works just the same way that Electric circuits do.

Dallas
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 04:35:06 PM »

I have two Shurflo quiet pumps in parallel.  I used individual fittings in the tank for each pump (in case one gets clogged-but never has happened).  Then coming out of the pump I used 1/2" pipe T'd into 5/8" pipe, that goes past the next T for my curb city water hook up then to the manifold.  Works well-when I'm showering, I turn on both and if my wife is doing dishes, can't tell any pressure drop plus the redundancy of the extra pump.  But now with the variable high flow pumps, I might just put one of those in only.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Clarke Echols

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2006, 09:34:02 PM »

Simply connect a tee in the incoming line and the outgoing line, then connect each side of the tee
to its corresponding pump.

HOWEVER, be sure there is a check valve in each pump, or a check valve in the inlet or outlet
part of the circuit on each pump so that no water can backflow through a pump that is not in
operation.  Some pumps may come equipped with check valves.  If none is provided, one must
be installed per pump.

Clarke
Homegrowndiesel
Vegetable oil, Rudolf Diesel's original fuel

73-05 Eagle

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2006, 10:22:27 PM »

Sorry no pictures Sad, but alot of good advise none the less.  Smiley

Good answer Clarke.  Wink

Brian, I agree with TomC, with the volume, pressure, and reliability of the new sensor flow water pumps you may not find the need for two.
 The ones we have installed worked great. Of course your needs may be different. Huh

Bill Glenn

Aerodynamic Eagle & MCI 102a3
belfert

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2006, 04:36:05 AM »

I got these pumps cheap and they are 24 volt, but they are only like 2 GPM each.  That is why I want to parallel them.  Those fancy new pumps are like $150 and not 24 volt.

My house bank is 24 volt and I am trying to limit 12 volt stuff even though I have an equalizer.

Brian Elfert
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 04:38:48 AM by belfert » Logged
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2006, 06:18:59 AM »

Brian,
  Our internet access has been spotty.  I don't have a photo but I think I can explain how I did ours. The suppy from the water tank terminates with a Tee. A line from this tee goes to each inlet fitting on the 2 pumps. The 2 outlet fittings on the pumps are connected to a Tee with goes to the sinks, toilet, water heater, etc.  Hope this helps, Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
dave870

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2006, 07:18:17 PM »

Not sure which manufacturer(s) but some sensor flow pumps automatically detect and use 12 or 24 volt.

Dave.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: