Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 11:19:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ::: Tandem Axle RTS :::  (Read 834 times)
JerryH

« on: October 21, 2006, 06:49:43 AM »

At first I thought this was an RTS -- has front and center doors.
But not sure what this is ...

Jerry H.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 06:52:40 AM by JerryH » Logged
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 07:12:23 AM »

some sort of european contraption
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006, 09:18:53 AM »

Most likely a 50ft European bus. I know that Van Hool Europe makes 50ft transit, and that looks like one.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2006, 09:25:33 AM »

Those are some very impressive overhangs, both front and rear. I bet it gets some good tail "slap"

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2006, 12:06:22 PM »

Although I cannot be 100% sure, I would say it is a Jonckheere bodied DAF. The front grille / headlights / bumper looks very like a DAF truck, and I have found pictures of Jonckheere DAF buses with identical front and side windows, but with a different grille & bumper, so I would conclude that your bus was either a one-off or at least not quite the standard Jonckheere body.

Whilst I was looking, incidentially, I came across something I hadn't seen before - a Volvo city bus (transit) with two articulations:

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: