Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 29, 2014, 12:00:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is a good price for this Webasto?  (Read 713 times)
zubzub

'53 4104. Roadworthy but rough around the edges.

Ignore
« on: December 20, 2011, 07:12:51 AM »

http://montreal.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-other-chauffe-moteur-diesel-W0QQAdIdZ311198599

It has a remote start etc....\I'm not sure about the install, can I get instructions online?  It is for my little VW Bus (diesel 5 Cyl).  I thought it would be a nice Xmas present if i can get the price down.  I really know nothing about Webasto, can anyone tell from the pics how many BTU/whatever it is, and also will I be able to use it later for my big bus (sure looks small to me for that)?
Look around online didn't find a 101 on Webasto.
Thanks as always.

neverlearn

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 07:49:22 AM »

I can't comment on what a good price would be, however I do remember that the new price of a 'webasto parking heater' was around $800 about 10 years ago - but the timer was extra.

Anything worth doing, is worth OVERdoing.
1984 MC-9: Went from Passenger service to my driveway where it stores the components for its upcoming transformation.
6V92 HT740
Palmyra, VA
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 08:12:18 AM »

I have that exact model Webasto for sale, and it's brand new. I'd be happy to take less than (the equivalent of) $850 for it, but of course it's on the wrong side of the Atlantic at the moment.

Jeremy

PS. - If it helps, that Webasto model is an OEM preheating options on various big cars, vans & SUVs. I bought mine from Germany, then decided not to use it.

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
zubzub

'53 4104. Roadworthy but rough around the edges.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 08:17:00 AM »

just found install instruction on the Webasto site, I must have spelled  it wrong last time I looked.  I offered the guy $500....but if it only cost 800 10 years ago maybe that is high for a well used unit.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: