Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 19, 2014, 08:54:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ::: Tandem Axle RTS :::  (Read 807 times)
JerryH

« on: October 21, 2006, 06:49:43 AM »

At first I thought this was an RTS -- has front and center doors.
But not sure what this is ...

Jerry H.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 06:52:40 AM by JerryH » Logged
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 07:12:23 AM »

some sort of european contraption
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006, 09:18:53 AM »

Most likely a 50ft European bus. I know that Van Hool Europe makes 50ft transit, and that looks like one.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2006, 09:25:33 AM »

Those are some very impressive overhangs, both front and rear. I bet it gets some good tail "slap"

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2006, 12:06:22 PM »

Although I cannot be 100% sure, I would say it is a Jonckheere bodied DAF. The front grille / headlights / bumper looks very like a DAF truck, and I have found pictures of Jonckheere DAF buses with identical front and side windows, but with a different grille & bumper, so I would conclude that your bus was either a one-off or at least not quite the standard Jonckheere body.

Whilst I was looking, incidentially, I came across something I hadn't seen before - a Volvo city bus (transit) with two articulations:

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: